1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Gotta give props to Peterson - new pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jake71, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake71

Jake71 Member

I have my Peterson pipes and love them. I've never smoked anything else except a corncob pipe a long time ago.

Today I received my Kinsale XL11 (Rustic) in the mail at work.

I loaded it up all the way knowing that i cant stand outside for break and smoke the entire thing.

Don't know if I packed it better than previous pipes but i went to the side of the building I always go to that has little if no wind. Fired that bad boy up and the entire width of the bowl burned evenly and more cool than some of my others. It stayed lit more and I didn't have to re-light.

I know that pipes are pretty much pipes and all should smoke the same/similar but something about it blew me away.

Between the pipes I normally take to work and this one, I could taste the flavors better. Not sure why that is...

The only thing different is I packed it better perhaps after doing more reading on the subject and that it's a slightly wider and deeper bowl than my others. (read earlier to push like a baby 1/2, boy 3/4, man 4/4) Previously I was pushing it in like a boy for the entire thing.

Also in the package was the Peterson Large 2-pipe case. No this wont fit into the straps inside but it fits in the softcase that came with the pipe laying nicely inside the case.

Good way to hit a Friday and weekend!!!!

2. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

pic's ? i would like to see, i thinking about getting a Peterson

Jamison likes this.
  3. Jake71

Jake71 Member

I'll take some when I get home and put them on photobucket.

Jeebs likes this.
  4. Jamison

Jamison Member

Yeah, PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
    ;)

Mington, BigJ and Jeebs like this.
  5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

The first new pipe I ever bought was an ebony Pete Killarney and to this day is one of my fav pipes.
    (Smoking it as I type)

Smarty Jones likes this.
  6. Moose

Moose Active Member

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time at work, if that's possible. Happy to hear you like your Pete. I only have on in my collection and enjoy the craftsmanship of it.
    Would like to see some pics of your new pipe as well.

7. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Enjoying some Bald Headed Teacher in a Pete 307 now. Glad you had a good experience with the pipe.

Enjoy.

Mington likes this.
  8. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

sounds kinky! grats on the new pipe Jake

Dottle_Dan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.