1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Grabow Regal Purchase- did I make out?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by eddy13, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy13

eddy13 Member

Looking to see if anyone can tell me anything about a new pipe I just purchased- such as age, if it's a 'good one', if it is more suited for a specific type of tobacco, etc.

It is a Regal Bulldog with a white Spade and it takes filters.
    The shank appears to be about an inch long and from the bit to a silver band is about 3 inches.

I did a bit of research and apparently the shorter shank models are older (?) That's all I know..

BTW-Paid $8.88 for it off ebay with free shipping, needs to be cleaned a bit...

Thanks for anything you can share.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I look at it like this .... If the pipe smokes well , is comfortable and looks good too ... then Holy Smoke man . Plus it's a bulldog [awesome shape !]... you scored ! I dont know anything about Grabows except that I like their lark model [which is a smaller pipe] ... I'm a Kaywoodie guy .. but I know that they smoke well and have one hell of a following .... Enjoy

3. telltime

telltime Active Member

You got a pipe for less than $10. You can't get much better than that... If you like the pipe, you did great!

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Well new Grabows can run between $20 - $40 so for $8, I'd say you did very nicely. I picked up a Grabow Starfire today for $17 with shipping:

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/uploads/1298509583/med_gallery_5221_102_46638.jpg

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/uploads/1298509583/med_gallery_5221_102_52944.jpg

My benchmark is to try never to pay more on e-bay than I can get it for new, unless it's something a bit rare.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats a sweet looking pipe Brian ! Gotta love a classic shaped pipe ... the metal is killer too . I love my lark .. it was my uncles and it's got some stellar grain all around it . Smokes very good and is tops for a quick smoke !

6. eddy13

eddy13 Member

For $8.00 plus change, I can't complain at all. Even if it is just so-so.

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I too think you did well, very well actually! I've been smoking Doc Grabows of late and have honestly nothing but good to say of them - for the money they offer a Hell of a good Smoking Engine and what more can you ask - so enjoy, and I wish you many happy years with the pipe,

Best to all

Gerry

8. jayf

jayf Member

IMHO, Dr G's are a great puffer. They sell 200,000 per year, Can't be all bad.

Peace,

Jayf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.