Great room note + great taste

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jdto, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Is it anything like MacB's Plumcake or the old OTC Sail (the green label version)? This Bear Blend interests me.

jdto likes this.

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

If you like vanilla, I much prefer BCA to 1Q.

jdto and Rewster66 like this.
  3. Artistik

Artistik Member

I haven't smoked Plumcake so I cannot compare. I smoked Sail years ago so it is hard for me to compare. I certainly taste the virginia tobacco and there is a hint of latakia even though it is not listed as an ingrediant at tobaccoreview.com. The room note is cherry, but not overpowering. I think a reviewer at tobaccoreview summed it up nicely saying something to the effect that it reminds him of the bear's habitat; the smell of the woods and the suite berries he eats. Give it a try. If you don't like it you can send it to me.;)

RTOdhner, jdto and Old Codger like this.
  4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

1. Butternut Burley
    2. P&W #191 Honey-Vanilla
    3. Boswell's Christmas Cookie
    4. Boswell's Berry Cobbler
    5. SWRA

:)

Johnny Dingo, jdto and Artistik like this.
  5. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I'm a huge fan of MacBaren Vanilla Cream, and prefer it in flake form. It's my go-to for crowd pleasing aroma with some real tobacco taste and enough nic to satisfy. BCA and 1Q just taste like flavor with no substance, and no noticeable nic to me, but many people love them, and the room note is delicious.

jdto likes this.
  6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

All good suggestions.
    I would add PS Sweet Vanilla and Dan's Blue Note to your list. :th1:

jdto likes this.
  7. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

+1 on the Boswell's Christmas Cookie. Probably my favorite aro so far.

jdto and Mington like this.
  8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

While were on the aubject of aromatic blends, has anybody given the MacB Seven Seas line a go? I've been meaning to give them a try, but whenever I put in an order for tobacco they seem to get nudged off the list in favor of something else. They sound great, though - especially the Seven Seas "Regular" blend.

9. Russ

Russ Member

Thats funny, my gaol has always been the opposite.

So, that being said, I am not really much help, although, I do find that Hartwells Evening Stroll does have both a nice taste and note.

WrightwoodJohn, Artistik and jdto like this.
  10. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

To jump on the SWRA bandwagon, I have been smoking it exclusively the past week or two, and enjoy it alot. I've got nary a complaint on it's room note either.

I also like to mix PA with MacB Vanilla Cream ribbon cut about 50/50. That's pretty tasty with a nice note.

jdto likes this.
  11. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I've had a couple favorable mentions while smoking McConnell Scottish Cake surprisingly enough, and it might be one of the tastiest mild-medium "all-arounder" tobaccos on the market today. Also second the positive mentions of McClelland Fragrant Matured Cake, MacBaren Vanillia Flake and SWRA.

jdto likes this.
  12. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Had a comment about 4Noggins Prairie Wind having a nice smell, reminded her of her grandfather, today.

Edited to add that I really have no idea how to compliment a young lady on her tubetop shirt without sounding like what I'm thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.