Growing Start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after reading this whole thread, I can say that I will definitely be trying my hand at 10 or 15 plants next spring/summer. Gardening (indoor and out) has long been a passion of mine and I'm hoping I can make 'er work. I think I can.

Jonesy

ZIRROW. You are a few days early of the 20th. I like your grandchild ?. Believe we can make a farmer outta' him..

I'm delighted with the size of the leaves. They will "push a pound" each with the stems removed..
When the burley, and others, start to bloom... "top it". Remove any blooms down about 12 - 18 inches.. You'll know where to stop. That'll let the leaves "fill out". Instead of working to make seed, the plant will work to make bigger brighter leaves.

OK, next picture on August 10... Show us the GOLD..... and they will be GOLD..... Absolutely no hailstorms from here on.. It would be disaster.

My 5 acres are barely ankle high today. Only been 27 days since planting. Cultivated on Friday and Saturday. Good hot sun, and afternoon rains will make mine catch up quickly.
ZIRROW, You should have been a Burley Farmer.. ted
Sure do like ur knowledge! I live in south east Texas. I sure would like to try my hand at some tobacco. Its awfully hot here though. How does it fair in hot weather? Sure would like ur thoughts and opinions
Happy:puffy:

zirrow

Sure do like ur knowledge! I live in south east Texas. I sure would like to try my hand at some tobacco. Its awfully hot here though. How does it fair in hot weather? Sure would like ur thoughts and opinions
Happy:puffy:
I can't speak for Ted, but I can tell you it grew just fine in SW Oklahoma during a drought. I watered it twice a day on a timer, but it stood up to the heat just fine. It even handled a hail storm the day I put it in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.