H&H Classic Burley Kake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DMWyatt, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

When submitting a recent order at P&C, I asked for a list of top selling H&H blends, and they sent me 3 samples to try out. Larry's Blend and Anniversary Kake are easy enough to figure out. One is a Balkan, and the other is a Va/Per.

The third, which I am wavering on smoking, is Classic Burley Kake. I notice a heavy anise presence, so much so that the smell rubbed off on the other sample bags, and I had to separate and air them out before I could smell either of the other two. How much of the anise translates over into the smoke? As someone who abhors black licorice, should I be afraid?

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I like it. Give it a try, but let it dry out first!

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

It's a nice aromatic, burley based. Not goopy at all. Nice flavor and room note. It's not for everyone, but everyone that isn't anti-aro should give it a whirl.

4. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

A truly nice aero but it is really lite in the nic department. It is an occasional change for me.

5. cherrymaxap

cherrymaxap Member

One of the very first I ordered after picking up the pipe. I like it enough to have recently bought a can. Smells good and smokes good!

6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

One of my favorites. Super easy smoke, no goop, burns easy, stays lit, and plenty of flavor. What else could anybody ask for.:th1:

7. furious

furious Junque collector

One of my favorite aromatics. Light and easygoing especially in the presence of mixed company (apologies to ruffinogold'swife).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.