1. Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.
    Dismiss Notice

H&H Daybreak

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco Reviews' started by Dimik, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimik

Dimik Active Member

[​IMG]
    Not a professional reviewer here and this is my second review ever, but thought I'd share my thoughts on this blend. I cannot compare it to EMP which it's supposed to mimic since I never got around to cracking my tin of EMP. Despite that, I'm in love with this one and it's a great blend in its own right.
    Tin Note: Sweet, pure, clean tobacco, touch of oriental, whisper of Latakia. In a word - delicious!
    Flavor: Medium. Fills the palette with flavor of Virginia. Oriental leaf adds an interesting dimension and fullness. Latakia provides a veeeery light base and helps tie it all together. Lots of flavor, but not strong or overwhelming. Medium.
    Snork: As with most blends, this is where it's all at. Latakia provides the rich sweetness that I so love and orientals add spice and fullness. Virginia holds it all together with nice, sweet, full tobacco character.
    Strength: Mild. I can puff and snork this like a freight train and not get hammered by vitamin N.
    Overall: Pretty dry, as are almost all H&H blends, but packs and burns well. If puffed too hard, it starts to gloop so there has to be enough residual moisture in the leaf. I tried it in briar and a cob and while it's delicious in both, I find cob to be more to my liking. It seems to open up better in my favorite Legend. Perhaps it has something to do with it being very well broken in, but I'll stick to it over briar for this blend. No bite unless you're really trying to get one. It's nice in the morning, day and night. Satisfying and easy to handle. Other than that, it seems like a very solid tobacco and I'm going to stock up on it next time P&C has their blends on sale. I can see it in my favorites list along with Mississippi River and Scottish Woods.
    I saw a number of negative comments about it on tobaccoreviews and most if not all of them seem to say that it doesn't taste like EMP. That very well may be, and perhaps the fact that I have nothing to compare it to prevented me from being biased. Anyway, if you're looking for a light and tasty blend that goes very easy on Latakia, try it. You may end up loving it as much as I do.

2. jwh891

jwh891 Active Member

Excellent review, been meaning to pick up a tin of this as I really enjoy EMP.

Dimik likes this.
  3. Gothicmace

Gothicmace Member

Ditto on all you said. I will have to try it in my legend as I usually use my little eaton on this. I give both the tobacco and the wonderfully written review two thumbs up.

Dimik likes this.
  4. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Great review, thank you!

5. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Great review.

6. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Thank's for the great review.

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

I think that you nailed the review.

8. Dimik

Dimik Active Member

Thank you guys. It's just a nice blend and praise comes naturally when describing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.