H&H Vermont Meat Candy...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MikeyJ, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

...YUM! Maple and bacon, you can't go wrong with a flavor combo like that! I recently picked up 4oz. of this maple topped goodness and I have to tell ya, it's found a place perched at the top of my favorite aromatics list. For those who are wondering, there is no actual bacon flavor to this blend, but rather the addition of burley that has been fire-cured with hickory wood that gives the aroma of hickory smoked bacon. As far as the maple flavoring, I don't find it heavy handed at all. It is just enough to make its presence known, but not at all overpowering. Futhermore, when purchased in bulk, the price is certainly reasonable. If you're a fan of maple based aro's, I highly recommend Vermont Meat Candy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HazyDat620 likes this.

2. Graham R

Graham R Member

H&H's aromatics are the only aromatics I smoke, so I imagine this will be a good one.

Did it bite at all?

3. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

No bite whatsoever! I tend to "sip" my bowls though, so I would imagine if someone steam trained their way through a bowl, it could probably bite...

4. BigG

BigG Member

Tried it - liked it.
    Didn't get the maple hit of Autumn Evening, but it was still damn delicious.
    The burley base is outstanding.

5. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I love this stuff. Apparently, from the inquiry thread I posted about it some weeks ago, some people really take issue with the name 'Meat Candy,' but I was not deterred and purchased 4oz. It is indeed delicious. Hasn't bit me even when I stoked beyond reason. I'll be buying more :)

MikeyJ likes this.
  6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

This one is definitely on my TAD list.

HazyDat620 likes this.
  7. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

+1

8. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

In that first picture it kinda looks like beef jerky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.