Haddo"s Delight

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by slprl1, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slprl1

slprl1 Member

This is a very puzzling tobacco to me. Several months again, when I first opened it, the tobacco was a very unpleasant experience for me. About 6 months later, I came back to it and it was a very nice, smoother and flavorful smoke. Just came back again and it has another different, and for me, unpleasant pipe full.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks for sharing.

2. beeftip

beeftip Member

What other variables might be involved? Are you smoking it in the same pipe? What time of day? Is it the same open tin you've been dipping in throughout?

I like Haddo's, but only in the summer and in a narrow gauge pipe.

Certain tobaccos turn my stomach at certain points and at others I really crave them.

You like what you like when you like it.

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

This is really love it or hate it blend. I am in the somewhat hate it camp. I tried to like it, but ended up trading it all away, and I like most tobaccos.

4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I agree with StrongIrish, it does tend to be kinda love it or hate it. I love it and smoke it regularly.

I usually smoke it in med sized pipes and often in a cob.

Have you let it air a bit? That might help. It might be too moist. Smoking it too fast could be the culprit too.

Does it start off good and go to crap or is it bad from the first light?

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Interesting! I have the same experiences with GLP's Cumberland. When it's good, it's very good and when it's bad, it's terrible! And there's no rhyme or reason I can put my finger on.

Never had this problem with Haddo's, though. I love it, but only at certain times. It's definitely not something I could smoke everyday.

6. slprl1

slprl1 Member

Well if anyone is interested in a trade, please let me know. I've only taken 3-4 average bowls out of it. Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.