Happy Easter Holiday!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Capt, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt

Capt Active Member

If'n ya celebrate it! I start my 4-day off tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to having a relaxing weekend with the wife. Things have been very stressful for us this past week. Work for me has been extremely busy and taxing. I had a fatal car accident on Tuesday, a girl my age. I don't care how many of these I go on, it just isn't normal to see those types of things.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...-crash-shuts-stretch-of-pontiac-trail-in-novi

It has just been one of those weeks, ya know?
    It was on our Southern border with Novi, but we both responded and arrived at the same time.

On top of that we had to put our 12 year old Golden Hailey down. Her cancer got the best of her, and she was unable to breath. My wife just started her new job at our vet, she had to leave after an hour on her third day there so we could bring Hailey back to the vet to have her put down.

My wife was a wreck, it is just not the same having her constantly under my feet in the kitchen waiting for me to drop a piece of venison so she could scoop it right up. I fed her more than her fair share of wild game. lol

Anywho, I hope everyone has a great weekend, I am gonna relax, smoke some pipes, have a few cocktails. My Mom, brother and his wife are coming over for Easter dinner on Sunday.

2. ol gto

ol gto Member

Happy Easter Capt, many long slow bowls and relax Sir.

Lestrade likes this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your rough week and even more Hailey. :(

I have my own holiday coming up this weekend (Passover) and will also be relaxing, smoking, drinking, and hanging with family.
    What the heck am I going to drink though? Beer and liquor are not kosher for Passover, only that crappy Mogen David and Manischewitz wines!
    Too bad I am not that religious...I am drinking whatever I want! lol
    My best to you and the Mrs. We will hook up soon after the holidays.

Happy Easter, Passover, and whatever else is this weekend to all my extended family in the PSF.

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

Thanks Don. Your not gonna eat an Easter ham are you????:haha:

Actually I like the Mogen David Blackberry wine! It is even better when you add blackberry brandy to it! hahaha. Happy Passover to you and the wife. Cheers.

Mington likes this.
  5. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Sorry to hear about your pup and the week you've had.
    All my best wishes to you and the family during this Easter Weekend.
    I hope you get a chance to relax and enjoy!!

Capt likes this.
  6. bluetip84

bluetip84 Member

I hope you have a great weekend! I am loading the RV up tonight to do the same thing for the next 3 days on the river. I will smoke a bowl and have a drink for you this weekend Capt.

Capt likes this.
  7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Happy Easter Capt!

8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Happy Easter to you, Capt!!:banana:

9. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

Happy Easter break!!

10. Artistik

Artistik Member

Happy Easter and Passover to all. Enjoy your smokes.

Lithua pipe and Mington like this.
  11. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Happy Holidays to ya'll. Gonna relax...smoke ...drink coffee (for now).... and enjoy the family! Do they call it Good Friday because ANY Friday we don't have to work, but still get paid for it is Gooood?

Artistik and Mington like this.
  12. shadow

shadow Active Member

Happy Easter everyone!:bing:

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Easter is what it's all about

14. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Happy Easter!

15. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

We got a nasty snow storm for Easter:(!

16. TXPiper

TXPiper Member

Happy Easter and Passover friends.

17. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I hope for find yourself rejuvenated by today. Sorry to hear about your dog. We had a beloved "mutt" I had to put down last year about this time, and I still miss her. Jordan wasn't a hunting dog or anything, just a loyal and protective family pet.

Easter here is going to involve an egg hunt, a brisket, and family & friends. It's a tradition we started when we lived in San Angelo, and we've carried it on since 1997 - but now it involves in-laws (well, soon-to-be in-laws). I hope this holiday season (Easter and Passover) finds all here at PSF in good health and spirits.

18. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Happy Easter everyone! :)

19. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Happy Easter to all of you.

Regarding the loss of your friend, your companion, and the one other people may have mistakenly referred to as a "dog," I offer you my deepest sympathy. I have had several of the best dogs that ever lived (*absolute fact, not bias), and want you to know I Know how hard the transition can be. Man and dog. Dog and man. Hard to say who needs who more.

Pack a bowl, put on the song "Old King" by Neil Young, and lock yourself in a room for a few hours (you're gonna cry; I'll guard the door).

20. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Happy Easter and Passover everyone. I am being a bad boy today and skipped Mass. The wife had to work and this is the day that everyone who never makes it to Mass does. Too crowded and I figure I don't need to be in a specific building to celebrate what today is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.