Has Anyone Ever Seen This At Pipes&Cigars?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by nesta, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

When looking at the pipe tobaccos they offer, they tend to offer a status for whether it's in stock or not. "In Stock" "Sold Out" "New Stock Expected (x number of days)" or "New Stock Expected (No ETA)"

There is a tobacco I really like which is hard to get hold of most of the time. It has been sold out on most sites since last year as far as I can tell, but I've not been able to come across anything that says it's totally out of production. It's a JF Germain product, so it would make sense for it to have extremely sporadic availability, but I'm not seeing it listed as in stock at any other retailer. On P&C it is not listed as "in stock." In fact, it's not listed as anything, and I can't find any other tobacco that has no status given.

I would ordinarily assume this is some kind of error. But not only is a status not given, it allows you to add it to the cart. On the other hand, it also allows you to add 999 tins of it without giving you the message that there isn't enough on hand to fulfill the order. Yet this stuff has been so scarce everywhere for so long, and I'm sure I've checked for it periodically before, that this has to be a recent change to the site - there's no way it hasn't at some point in recent time been listed as sold out.

So anyway, it's Butera's Kingfisher. It will let you add as much to your cart as you like, which gives me serious pause. And it's out of stock everywhere else, too, adding to my disinclination. The thing is I could try to order it and it will charge my card, etc., but I'm 95% positive that I'd get an email Monday telling me the stuff is out of stock and I can't get any. Then it would be over a week to get the refund taken care of, etc.

So has anyone heard of any of this hitting the shelves of B&Ms recently, or expectations of it to be coming in soon? Has anyone seen this happen at P&C before (no status given for an item), and if so have you tried ordering the item? What happened?

I'd be delighted to pick up a few tins of the stuff, but I'm not sure I want to risk having 40 dollars or whatever tied up with no payoff for over a week - if it's not in stock after all, and I doubt it is, that money could come in useful elsewhere.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Kingfisha no existy.

Not fo you. Not fo no one! :(

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Okay, I figured it was too good to be true that it could be around...but have you seen anywhere any information regarding it's permanent discontinuation? And if so do you remember where? I'd just like to know more about it - it would be nice if more information about these types of things were readily available.

Luckily I picked up a tin marked 01 at the Columbus Pipe Show last year....for a mere 10 dollars :whis:

4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

You could call the toll free number and ask them to make sure. Worth a shot.

EmperorGix likes this.
  5. Capt

Capt Active Member

Soooooo, why don't you just call and ask??????

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I may call on Monday if it still isn't listed as out of stock and see what's going on with it.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Because it's 11o'clock on a Friday and nobody would answer the phone!

Lestrade and Capt like this.
  8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

The last time I was able to purchase Kingfisher was last summerr. I had Smokingpipers email me when it came in. You can email them and be alerted as to when it comes in.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.