Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Have I gone mad? Ordered 8 cobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, don't sand it, you're just going to have to start again. My only advice here is to keep going, once they're broken in they're damn good smokers and well worth the two or three terrible smokes during break in.
Ok cool, thanks :)
Yeah that first smoke was pretty bad. But I'm sure I'll get the Ozarks broken in nicely. I'll keep smoking them, no worries :puffy:
Glad I bought both the bent and straight versions. I'm wondering what blends to dedicate them to. My first smoke in the bent Ozark was Burley, but I might use them for aromatics after the break in.

sillyoldbear

Ok cool, thanks :)
Yeah that first smoke was pretty bad. But I'm sure I'll get the Ozarks broken in nicely. I'll keep smoking them, no worries :puffy:
Glad I bought both the bent and straight versions. I'm wondering what blends to dedicate them to. My first smoke in the bent Ozark was Burley, but I might use them for aromatics after the break in.
That might be one of your issues. Burley is for corn cobs ;)

Ruff' is right on this one, try an aro or a full flavoured flake. I smoke HH ODF out of mine.

That might be one of your issues. Burley is for corn cobs ;)

Ruff' is right on this one, try an aro or a full flavoured flake. I smoke HH ODF out of mine.
Wow, I'm smoking the bent (cherry stain version) Ozark hardwood for only its third time, and the initial bad taste has vanished.
You were right :th1: Looks like even just a couple smokes breaks these hardwoods in.

I guess I was taken a bit by surprise at first, as I've smoked cobs (and occasional briars) exclusively for so long.
I really like these Ozarks. They look good, smoke good, and (...after a couple bowls) taste good as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.