Head Colds.....

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by 40yrs2L8, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 40yrs2L8

40yrs2L8 Member

.... suck! Just got a box full of goodness from cigarsarge in our FOG/FNG trade and have'nt been able to enjoy the first puff... Oh I've tried, trust me it's just not working....:thdn:

OrganizdMadman likes this.

2. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

I feel your pain man.
    I went 5 days without a smoke this past week, because of a sinus infection.
    Started feeling better yesterday, so I made up for it this weekend.

3. snowman

snowman Member

Welcome to the club,Ive been trying to shake a cold for 4 weeks now and its no fun.

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

I've had one for a week. Didn't slow me down too bad but everything got bitey.

5. 40yrs2L8

40yrs2L8 Member

yeah for me nothing taste right and seems harsh.... think Im gonna just wait it out...

6. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Pa in a cob is the only thing that ain't biting at the moment.

7. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Everybody I know is sick with a head cold right now, some sort of global pandemic. I better watch them carefully in case it's the start of a Zombie Epidemic or something.

"Honey, why are you standing over the bed with a baseball bat?"

"Um, no reason. Go back to sleep"

8. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

It's that time of year. Shotgun vitamin C, a Claritin a day, open doors with your elbows, wear a HAZMAT suit in public, and drink 500 glasses of water a day. Every time I see someone hacking in public I go the other way.

Raffxr7, Old Codger, Trauma and 3 others like this.
  9. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

I have a home cure for colds that works. Cures it in 5 minutes. Email me if you want the cure.

10. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Re: Flu/ head cold.

For all you members still dating. No holding hands, no hugging, no "spooning", no kissing, no sharing ice cream cones, no sleeping in the same bed, no sex (unless it's a solo thing and you've washed your hands prior to the event), no using the same hanky while you're watching a Packers football game at Lambeau Field this December, no "high fiving" for any reason, and the most important preventative measure..... don't share your pipe with your sweetheart no matter how much begging you hear.

Be well all.
    Ol Brokedik.

11. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

Do the nasal irrigation thing to break the cycle of sinus infections. Just avoid the brain-eating amoebas.

OrganizdMadman and Ol Brokedik like this.
  12. Ol Brokedik

This is very good advice! Thanks, LifeOfRiley.

OrganizdMadman likes this.
  13. conroygc

conroygc Member

I couldn't taste a darn thing when I was smoking this morning, and now at midnight I figured out why. I'm catching a cold as well. Airborn here I come.

14. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Everytime I see somebody hacking in public I want to punch them in the throat. STAY HOME AND STOP MAKING EVERYBODY ELSE SICK.

I think the living would envy the dead

15. OrganizdMadman

OrganizdMadman Member

I feel you!
    I just got a big ol box of baccy about a week or so ago. The next day I had swelling and pain on the right side of my neck, inside next to my throat. Found out I have two infected lymph glands near my esophagus. So now, per doc's orders I'm taking two antibiotics a day for the next week and a half. I really really want to try my new blends already!!!

16. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Oh Man that would really suck!

17. Ol Brokedik

Outstanding, aieeegrunt!!!! Outf**kin'standing!!!!!!!

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

18. 40yrs2L8

40yrs2L8 Member

I stay at home nothing pisses me off more than people not having some common courtesy .... I got me some anti biotics and homemade remedy thats puttin me to bed at night (and during the day sometimes) Im just trying to not get my 2 mo old son sick...

19. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

My idiot employers are attendance Nazis, resulting in the majority of our workforce being sick at work most of the year, and then they wonder why productivity suffers.

I had a lot of fun throat punching my HR department with Canada's labour laws though, they were actually stupid enough to tell one of my coworkers she didn't get a promotion because she used an EMR day because she was sick.

Old Codger likes this.
  20. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Flying during flu season isn't my favourite thing to have to do. Yup, getting in to an aluminium tube of disease is really a pleasant thought. When we were allowed to smoke on commercial aircraft the air circulation was a lot better. Now it seems that aircraft are just used as replacements for petri dishes.

Raffxr7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.