Hello from Houston,Tx

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Been lurking for a while, first post.

The name is Kyle, or Black (last name). Started smoking pipe recentyl, and as always started doing research and happened upon this forum, awesome stuff here. Started on the pipe to quit cigarrettes,, cold turkey, and was succesful. Now if I would have known about this when I was in the Marine Corps, I wouldnt have smoked for four years.

Bought a cheap basket pipe a few weeks ago, smoked like crap, didnt know what it was. Finally got smart, bought a Sav. 624, and havent looked back.

As far as tobacco, got one or two aromatics, don't care for them. However, I did get a mild enlgish blend from the local shop, The Briar Shoppe, if anyones familiar. Im really liking it, love the latakia in there.

I really enjoy the full flavored tobaccos, no aro's for me.

Feel free to make recommendations on some new toby, as I also enjoy the perique in some blends as well.

Going to the shoppe today, per my PAD, to get some more, and possibly a nice new meer if one catches my eye.

Looking forward to good time had on here, and maybe getting the chance to share a bowl with fellow members.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

3. BradNTX

Hi Kyle

Welcome to PSF! You'll find this a great site for information on everything to do with our hobby. I visit The Briar Shoppe frequently myself; it's a fine shop. They will order stuff for you as well.

Glad to see another neighbor on the site. :wave:

4. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Hi brad, the shoppers is a cool place in my opinion good people and good selection. Glad to see a neighbor as well, I take it you're in the Houston area as well? Maybe ill run into you there.

Thanks for the welcome

5. BradNTX

I'm a bit west of you near New Braunfels, but travel to Houston 2-3 times per month for business and enjoy The Briar Shoppe visits. They have a great stock of pipes & toby and have ordered a lot of hard to find stuff for me.

There are several members in the Houston area. I think it would be cool to have a get together sometime.

6. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Welcome, Kyle. I'm in Spring Branch, on the northwest side of town.

I need to check out The Briar Shoppe sometime, everyone says it's a great place.

7. jhe888

jhe888 Member

Hello. I live in Humble. I have been visiting the Briar Shoppe since the early '80s. Also try the Serious Cigars store on Richmond. They have pipes and a reasonable selection of tobacco.

Glad to see you here.

8. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Semper Fi, Marine! Welcome to PSF.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.
    Scout Sniper/ 7th. Marine Regiment, '69-'70.

9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Welcome, Black! Glad you could
    join us! I recommend trying Rattray's
    Red Rapparee, or Presbyterian Mixture.
    Both of these are oriental blends that
    are very similar to english blends.

dp

10. sounds7

sounds7 Member

+1 on the Briar Shoppe. I hit that place when ever I go through Houston. Great selection and customer service. I often have them mail stuff here to me in New Orleans if they have it in stock and my local store here doesnt. They have been very reliable in that and even call me long distance when something I have been looking for comes in stock. Good folks over there.

11. pipenmusic

pipenmusic New Member

Welcome Kyle, and Howdy to everyone! I too love the Briar Shoppe. I live in Missouri City, but stop in the Briar Shoppe regularly. Maybe sometime we can all schedule a meet up and enjoy pipes.

12. woody

woody Admin Admin

If you look below Kyle Black's name I think you may change your mind on arranging a meeting with him. Everybody else is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.