Hello from Yorkshire.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Old Ted, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Made one or two posts here, and think I had better introduce myself!, been retired a few years now, but always have something to keep me occupied in my shop, or home and there is usually a pipe in hand or mouth. I've been smoking pipes for around fifty years now, and must have around thirty in the cabinet and racks, but not a collector - as such. My regular tobacco has been Condor long cut, or the Lakeland ropes and twists for many years, but I like to try others occasionally - e.g. a Latakia mixture.
    Regards to all, Ted.

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

didn't know gerry had a brother. ;)

4. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Welcome, Old Ted! It's always good to have new faces around the forums, especially one who is so experienced with pipe smoking!

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I've had a soft spot for Yorkshire ever since my local PBS station played programs by Yorkshire Television back in the 80's. Welcome aboard Old Ted! Here on the web, your accent won't be as confusing to us Yanks!

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Welcome Old Ted! :wave:

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Welcome aboard Old Ted!!
    :cheers:

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi Owd Ted and welcome to the Forum!

Nice folks here and with a smoking repertore like yours you are most welcome!

Best to all

Gerry

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Yorkshire? Didn't you guys make a famous pudding? Welcome to PSF. I'm new here myself. I can always use advice from you pros.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

10. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Welcome! Yet another "Ted"!! Soon we'll be running this place...Muahhhh-ha-ha-ha!
    Not sure which of us qualifies as the "OLD" one though...I'm 68...69 in March.
    Always great to have another experienced puffer on board. There's a gaggle of newbies here just waiting for our "words of wisdom" to come tumbling from our mouths...or in this case, the keyboards.
    Make yourself right to home amigo...hope to hear a lot from you!

11. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

omg when did you get the comoy peeing dog stand? i f'in love those.

and... mini yorkshire puddings with a chunk of hot roast, homemade gravy and a heavy dose of Worcestershire sauce, little red pepper.... mmmmmmmmm. i like to make em im a muffin tin, bite sized and you can just drop the goodies in em cause they come out the size and shape of a dixie cup.

12. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

...the 'OLD'one - I'm afraid you just have it, by a small margin!LOL, and as for the "words of wisdom"....you better listen-up - if I start on 'fishing tales' :eek:hyeah:

13. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I'm sure I bought my peeing dog stand from Milan Tocacco. I just checked their site but didn't see any. When I first saw it, I knew it fit my personality. Pity if ther're gone. I knew I should've bought two!
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.