1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hey, So 335 Is A Pretty Good Deal, Right?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sasquatch, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Just pulled the trigger on a Radice o/c twin bore (on sale!) and a wicked Kaywoodie over at Park Lane Tobacconist.

Nice and helpful via email, I will be adding these guys to my list of vendors. Took a little time to set up an account (they have age verifying software that thinks I don't exist) but now I'm rolling baby.

Just don't

tell

my

wife.

:blink:

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Hey Todd..............my wife wants to talk to your wife................:blink:

Pics or it didn't happen, man. :rolleyes:

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Pictures, please!!!

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Guys I know I'm being a forum loser here. I ordered the pipes, and now I can't get the pictures from the website! They're gone! So I gotta wait and take my own. Total pisser!

So, my apologies gentlemen. In the meantime, here's a little light jazz.

Da de da, dum dum, da de da....

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Pics of the button and tenon too please! Always been curious about those twin bores....

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well don't be curious for long Dondi - they don't make twin bores and don't oil cure any more, so if that's a thing you want to experience, then move soon.

This happened to be the exact pipe I have been waiting for out of radice, a bent billiard with the Underwood rustication, twin bore, oil cure. Just stumbled across it and immediately put it in the cart.

I don't get PAD too bad anymore, but this was a classic case. Spontaneous, irreversible, credit card damaging, wife infuriating.... bliss.

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Meh, I've heard better.

No matter, what you should be working on is your tap dancing, a useful skill for breaking the credit card blues to the missus.

You can always work on your 'pipes' later...get it?

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xd.gif

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Well done the Bigfoot!

It must be good if a good pipemaker likes it is all I can say, so I'm eagerly waiting to see pix too!

I still think the best answer to the wives and credit card problem is to introduce the wife to a friendly tobacconist/pipe dealer - best thing I ever did was to take Rho down to Ayr and introduce her to Muriel Whyte at Dallings; they became good friends and phone eachother when my birthday and Christmas is coming up to discuss ideas.

If all else fails however, you can always quietly take a note of how many pairs of shoes and handbags she's got ( tip if the shoes and handbags match serious money was involved! ) and file this away to work into the conversation e.g " I really fancy Brand X super pipe, and it's only £Y, it's a real bargain it only costs X% of the price of a pair of Jimmy Choos!" Works every time!

Happy smoking when the pipe arrives,

Gerry

9. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Good for you Sas! I hope you love that o/c tb as much as I do!

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

Everyone deserves to treat themselves now and then, even pipemakers :( Enjoy Sas, and post pictures when you can.

11. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I guess Canadians have March Madness too. :(

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It was madness for sure.

Rugby, I know you think very highly of your Radice so I thought I better give one a shot, and prices right now are very good.

I feel guilty buying pipes I could basically make, but I still enjoy other peoples' craftsmanship (and prepare for a line of carved "Underwood" ripoffs, boys)....

13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Pix are in.

Radice Underwood

[​IMG]

Kaywoodie Handmade Sandlblast (egg?)

[​IMG]

I think they speak for themselves, and can't wait to smoke em.

14. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sas that Radice is stunning, I can't wait to hear how she smokes. I hope your wife knows how "intimately" you plan on getting to know her! I wonder if this will qualify as an affair? ;)

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Wow, that will be a change for you, having some well made, good looking pipes around your place.

16. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Yeah should be a nice change - well made stems, good quality briar... this could be the turning point. ;)

17. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

^^^ https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hahaha-024.gif

18. jamie7

jamie7 Member

Couple o' beauties, Sas! (Reserve smart ass remark 'til I think of a good one)

19. Marc

Marc Active Member

Sas, I really like that kaywoodie! She's sweet! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif

20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I've almost bought that Kaywoodie about 10 times. Then when I saw the Radice, I knew that I was gonna order them both. I pretended to dicker about it for about 6 hours, but there was no way I was leaving either of those for any one of you fools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.