• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hey, So 335 Is A Pretty Good Deal, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Just pulled the trigger on a Radice o/c twin bore (on sale!) and a wicked Kaywoodie over at Park Lane Tobacconist.

Nice and helpful via email, I will be adding these guys to my list of vendors. Took a little time to set up an account (they have age verifying software that thinks I don't exist) but now I'm rolling baby.

Just don't

tell

my

wife.

:blink:

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Guys I know I'm being a forum loser here. I ordered the pipes, and now I can't get the pictures from the website! They're gone! So I gotta wait and take my own. Total pisser!

So, my apologies gentlemen. In the meantime, here's a little light jazz.

Da de da, dum dum, da de da....

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Well don't be curious for long Dondi - they don't make twin bores and don't oil cure any more, so if that's a thing you want to experience, then move soon.

This happened to be the exact pipe I have been waiting for out of radice, a bent billiard with the Underwood rustication, twin bore, oil cure. Just stumbled across it and immediately put it in the cart.

I don't get PAD too bad anymore, but this was a classic case. Spontaneous, irreversible, credit card damaging, wife infuriating.... bliss.

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
Patron
Guys I know I'm being a forum loser here. I ordered the pipes, and now I can't get the pictures from the website! They're gone! So I gotta wait and take my own. Total pisser!

So, my apologies gentlemen. In the meantime, here's a little light jazz.

Da de da, dum dum, da de da....

Meh, I've heard better.

No matter, what you should be working on is your tap dancing, a useful skill for breaking the credit card blues to the missus.

You can always work on your 'pipes' later...get it?

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xd.gif

Falconeer

Well done the Bigfoot!

It must be good if a good pipemaker likes it is all I can say, so I'm eagerly waiting to see pix too!

I still think the best answer to the wives and credit card problem is to introduce the wife to a friendly tobacconist/pipe dealer - best thing I ever did was to take Rho down to Ayr and introduce her to Muriel Whyte at Dallings; they became good friends and phone eachother when my birthday and Christmas is coming up to discuss ideas.

If all else fails however, you can always quietly take a note of how many pairs of shoes and handbags she's got ( tip if the shoes and handbags match serious money was involved! ) and file this away to work into the conversation e.g " I really fancy Brand X super pipe, and it's only £Y, it's a real bargain it only costs X% of the price of a pair of Jimmy Choos!" Works every time!

Happy smoking when the pipe arrives,

Gerry

Sasquatch

Wizzard
It was madness for sure.

Rugby, I know you think very highly of your Radice so I thought I better give one a shot, and prices right now are very good.

I feel guilty buying pipes I could basically make, but I still enjoy other peoples' craftsmanship (and prepare for a line of carved "Underwood" ripoffs, boys)....

Rugbysh9

Sas that Radice is stunning, I can't wait to hear how she smokes. I hope your wife knows how "intimately" you plan on getting to know her! I wonder if this will qualify as an affair? ;)

Marc

Sas, I really like that kaywoodie! She's sweet! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley20.gif

Sasquatch

Wizzard
I've almost bought that Kaywoodie about 10 times. Then when I saw the Radice, I knew that I was gonna order them both. I pretended to dicker about it for about 6 hours, but there was no way I was leaving either of those for any one of you fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.