Hey there PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm new the to the forum and have been smoking pipe off and on for about 7 months. My experience has ranged from very enjoyable to quite frustrating. I think I've only made it to the bottom of the bowl twice. :XD:

One of my biggest issues is the constant relights. The other is, I can smoke a tobacco in a cc and have no problem, but if I smoke the same tobacco in a briar, I end up with gurgle.

Hopefully I can correct both of these and make this a 100% enjoyable experience.

Thanks for a great and informative forum!

Rugbysh9

Welcome to PSF, I'd suggest check some older theads on tobacco moiture, as well as packing. Ask any questions that can't fe found there directly.

OldAtHeart

Welcome, BigMan!

Enlighten us, what blends have you been smoking that you've enjoyed, and which have given you trouble with the gurgling?

Traderbob

Welcome to the forum. I think we all share your frustration during the learning process. I developed the bad habit of packing to tightly when I started and fought bite for years before I changed. I have the same problem with gurgle - mostly when smoking a bent, so I normally smoke straights. Happy Smoking!

cst

I'd welcome you here, but I just recently joined myself. One thing with the gurgle - are you smoking kind to fast maybe? I am kind of a hard charger with pipes and all day at work I just puff away, when I get in the car at the end of my shift I switch from corn to wood and have to slow way down to avoid gurgling. I think it is just another difference between briar and corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.