1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hi guys

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Fredrik, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrik

Fredrik Member

Thnx guys.

Dunhill vs. Wiley in size (approx.):
    Lenghth: 5,6 vs 6,8
    Bowl height: 1,85 vs 2,8
    Chamber diam.: 0,75 vs 1
    Weight: 41g vs 99g

Got to say that the Wiley smokes great, even better than the Dunhill I dare say.

Hi Noflex and thanks. Too bad though we haven't got much of a pipe smoking culture in Sweden, few stores and very expensive tobacco.

2. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Nice to see that I'm not the only swede here, great looking pipes by the way, and I'm loving Maltese Falcon too. :cheers:

3. noflex

noflex Member

wow yet another from sweden nice.

Well in Denmark we don't have so many young guys smoking the pipe. But we have some very good pipeshop's online. And almost every store here has OGS and the like, and the price is somewhat ok, not as low like in the US, but the few times I have got something from the US, I got a nice letter from the danish customs, so what I got cheap, become very expencive :cheers:

4. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I have seen some danish pipeshops online, however the shipping rates are unbeliavably high for people ordering from outside of Denmark.

I just bought a pipe and four different tobaccos from an online shop in the US and my package got stopped in customs and I had to pay 30% more, It was still cheaper than if I would have bought it in Sweden, but we have some of the highest tobacco and alcohol taxes in the world.

I'm living close to Malmö though so one day I'm going to go over the bridge and check out if Köpenhamn have some nice tobacco shops.

5. noflex

noflex Member

@tsuruig

Yes the shipping is just to high from the danish e-shops, but if you live in Malmø the trip to Copenhagen and visit one of the pipe-shops are not that far. And I'm sure you will enjoy the shop's there.

woot only 30% from customs, it's not that bad. Last time I got some tobacco and a pipe from the US, the danish custom send me a fine, at 80% for the tobacco and pipe. And then they add 20% for not declaring the packet :cheers: so I ended up with a 100% extra and that ended my shopping in US.

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Ehh, just make yourself a quick draw holster for the beastie. :cheers:

7. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Yes I'm planning to go to Köpenhamn some time in the near future.

Wow, what a nightmare.. I got a little customs discount because I had to call and hound them for almost two weeks and they made mistake after mistake, but in a letter I got before that they said it could be up to 45% extra but I don't know if that includes tobacco taxes, but I'm going to do more research about that if I'm going to try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.