1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hilson Vintage Oiled

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Degenetron, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

So i've been drooling on one for a while.. and the price isn't bad.. I do notice soem of their models have scary thin walls around the chamber.. unfortunately those are the models i like.. but i guess that can be sorted with proper smoking in.. Any experiences?

2. Goat

Goat Active Member

I've never seen one. Got a link?

3. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

4. Goat

Goat Active Member

Hmmm.
    Some nice looking pipes.
    Never heard of them before though.

:popc:

5. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

I've seen them around for a while.. I like the shapes and the kinda subtle grain and color. nothing drmatic or shouty about them :)

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Very nice!

7. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I think I've seen Ruffinogold speak highly of them. Maybe he'll pass through here and offer an opinion.

8. krusty

krusty Active Member

Our friend, Pipedia knows all, almost... (-:

I've got 4 Hilsons that were purchased new in the early 70's by my dad. He just found 3 of em' in a drawer not long ago, I still need to clean those up.
    Your notice of the thin walls caught my attention. The one I've had for some time, a "Maestro" calabash, has "scary thin" chamber walls for sure!
    And yes, mindful smoking is required to keep the thing from serious heating. That said, the calabash is very, very light, large chamber (hence thin walls right), well made little pipe. The ones you've linked to, vintage, are listed as having come from the original company and plant so ya ougtha grab one up while ya can!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.