Holy coolness Batman!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by CMcF, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMcF

CMcF Member

So today I figure at the rate I smoke, I'm going to need a couple of more pipes if I want to let them rest properly. So off to Sievert's (our local tobacco shop here in Halifax) I go only to find out she be closed. Well I know an antique shop that has a couple of old pipes so I figure I'll just go take a look. As we are just about there I spot out of the corner of my eye another antique store that a friend had recommended, but I had never been in. "Stop the car!" I say. "I'll just get out here, I want to go check out this other place."

So over to the store I go. Upon entering I didn't quite know what to make of the place...It was a jumble of a mess then out of the corner of my eye I spot a beautiful Shriner's fez. Being a collector of all things Masonic I snatch it up. The guy who owns the store then proceeds to show me some other Masonic stuff he has, when we start discussing collecting and I mention that I've started collecting pipes. "Well I've got something for you" he says. And he brings me this wonderful antique "pocket pipe" which he gives to me, like no charge! Awesome!

As near as I can tell it is a Majestic pipe made in London UK. It is a dark brown and the bowl is "rough" carved? Very much like my Voyageur. Here is, a picture hopefully, http://www.flickr.com/photos/60387500@N08/5504242198/

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

Cool score! Tell us how she smokes.

J

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

That's a cool looking little pipe, and a great story to go with it. Thanks for sharing the pic with us.

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Cool, but Jeeezz man, do something about that background. :roflmao:

5. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

nice bend on that sucker! Looks like a good pipe to let rest on your chin while you get some work done! Am I right?

6. CMcF

CMcF Member

Ohhh man....you are so right, That pic is terrible!!!!!! I'm....uhh...embarrassed almost...here's a better one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60387500@N08/5504057823/

There that's better.....

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

8. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

How come you aint wearin the fez??

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

you do realize you can turn the stem 180-degrees and slip it into your vest pocket!

10. CMcF

CMcF Member

@ Dondi Ya it's a pretty cool little pipe thanks for the tip! Had my first smoke in it and she's a little, well I don't know how to describe it. It seems to suck all the flavour out of the bacy and leave a "soapy" undertone. I'm thinking this might be a good walking pipe with a nice robust bacy? Any ideas folks?

11. CMcF

CMcF Member

12. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

13. DLWJohn

DLWJohn Member

Interesting find there! I always find that the jumbled up messes of an antique store are the best ones to find a good deal on something nice, its the ones that are all neat and tidy that you have to watch out for, they usually know everything about what they have and are usually overpriced.

14. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Fun photos there amigo...a set of dreads with that fez would be awesome....but I guess THAT's not happening! :roflmao:

Nice looking pipe. How is that P-lip treating you? Some are smaller and more comfortable...at least for me. Looks like it could use a bit of buffing to get that gloss black back too.

The "soap" taste could be a ghost from owners past. First try a good reaming...take it almost back to the wood. Then smoke some straight Burley in it for a while. This should exorcise those spooks. If not, go the alcohol and cotton ball treatment.

Have fun with your new-found friend!

15. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

16. Jay

Jay Active Member

OK now, lets see the fez and the odd little pipe in public :punk:

17. CMcF

CMcF Member

Thanks T bear, I took her out for a walk today with some Troost special cavandish and it wasn't so soapy today, but it does seem to "steal" the flavour. I love the P-lip it's a very comfortable pipe, I really enjoyed walking with it. Thanks for the tips. I'll give'er a ream as soon as I find my pipe tool which I lost on my adventures today! Also glad you folks enjoyed the pic....;)

@ jay you wouldn't believe some of the things I've worn in public.

18. Jay

Jay Active Member

you go brother!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.