1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

How do I tell if a pipe is a high quality pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by JimTrail, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Overall im very fond of my stanwell's (got 13, but one is still not restored so i have'nt tried it yet).

But (there's allways a but, is'nt it ;) ) my HC Andersen series that i bought brand new does'nt smoke well, and the detailwork is bad (horrible to be honest) i've tried to e-mail their office here in denmark, i got a reply that my mail was forwarded to the right person, then there was a whole lot of nothing.

When the salesman from scandinavian tobacco shows his ass at work next time he will hear aaaaaall about it, until they provide me with a new pipe, or refund, i'll never buy a new stanwell again.

ruffinogold likes this.

2. mcgoven9

mcgoven9 Member

As it is said befor the quality is in the experience. I don't own a pipe that is more then $50. Most are Dr. Grabows. I have never had a bad smoke with any of them. Sometimes it's not the price that determins the quality. Look at cobs, most are $6 to $10, and they are the best smokeing pipes around.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

One of the things suggested to me by a vendor was that one way (out of many) to determine the outright quality of a piece was to judge it not out of the box, but after a year or five of use. The very best pipes still look and function just fine after this. Lesser pipes do not. I thought he was goofy at the time, but I no longer think so.

Linus and Stormy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.