How Do You Carry Your Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Tom

To and from work I keep it in a plastic bag with my other tobacco stuff. If I'm walking around contemplating a smoke, I keep it packed, stuck in a shirt or jacket pocket along with more tobacco, lighter, and pipe tool.

Griz

Jacket or shirt pocket, glove box or drink cup well in the car, or like Spill - in my teeth :ohyh: I daren't have a man bag in these parts - men would make improper remarks, and embarass me :rolleyes:.....cargo shorts?, are they those silly things that come down to your knees - with eighteen pockets?....with my legs I'd get more improper remarks! :xd:
OT
This exactly. Well except for the cargo shorts bit.... I kinda love em, and I have adequate legs to pull em off ... for a ghostly complexioned bloke :D

Depends on what I'm doing. When I'm on the motorcycle (which was often, until I broke my dang leg in October,) it's in my vest's right internal pocket - the left pocket is for my Sig. If it's not there, it's in my camera bag with my Canon 20D. Failing those, it'll be in the glove box of my car, or comfortably between my teeth. It'll always be near at least one baggy of tobacco, a lighter or two, and pipe cleaners. My tamper usually remains in the change pocket of my jeans.

I don't often carry my briars out of the house. My cobs are my travel pipes.

Alan Dye

Patron
Bib overalls man here. Without them I have too much stuff and not enough pockets and have to haul a backpack. I typically don't carry my pipes afield, as I'm a once a day type smoker who enjoys a pipe after the work day as a way to unwind. Given that that usually happens in the yard, there's no need to haul stuff around. I do use the breast pocket for cleaners, the tamper and matches in the lower pockets...

jason1977

So I take a pipe or two to work with me daily. I generally put it in my tablet case dubbed my "man bag" with a tamper some cleaners and my tobacco of the day.In the summers I generally make use of cargo shorts. So how do you carry your pipes?
Nicer ones I leave at home. The meer doesn't leave the house. I have 1 that I consider the pocket pipe & that's my parker. Basket pipe back in 2002 & now I see it going for $50- $60 on the interwebz, lol. Also, corn cobs are my travel pipes. I stick them in the cup holder in the car, my pocket, my 2-pipe pouch that holds 2 oz of tobacco & cleaners, matches, & tool. I always travel w. pipes that aren't precious to me. The ones I care about are more the hearth & home ones. Corn cobs seem to be better suited to be field pipes. Except my Parker. She's a snubby one, so I can keep it in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.