How do you handle/pack Kingfisher ?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by bluepipe, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

If my normal methods don't work I usually experiment with the blend to see what works. I now have less than one tin of Kingfisher. By the time I find out how to make it burn and smoke the best, I am going to run out. This is an excellent tobacco, but I doupt I'll be finding some more soon.

It crumbles to tiny pieces as it is. I was thinking of drying it out a bit, but that will make things worse. I try to fill it loosly and tamp less. It seems to be working, but I think it can do better.

So how do you do it?

Thank you

Andreas

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

How are you filling? Your query is confusing......on one hand, you sound as if you are experience with this weed, then otoh, you sound like a total Kingfisher -Virgin. How have you loade it before? You didn't mention that. I just drop small 1/8-1/4" pieces into the bowl, very light tamp to flatten the top, gently though....don't wanna smoosh the leaf into a jam or block the hole.

Ed
    Puff

3. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

I only had 5-6 bowls of it. I noticed that it crumbles from the first time I tried to load.

What I've been doing is to crumble it and drop it in the bowl as you describe. Fill up the whole bowl like that and push just a little bit at the top. I've been doing exactly what you described.

My question is: Is there a better way to smoke this tobacco than what I've been doing?

Where do you buy your Kingfisher from by the way?

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

That sounds about what i do.....it just falls apart..."krumbles"!;)

It's like Penzance but a touch krumblier

Ed
    Puff

5. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

I never had Penzance, but I believe you! :)

I think it's because it's double cut, right?

Any special place to stock up? or is it just waiting for the shops to stock up?

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I essentially do the same without any real fuss. I really do not even dry it out much. Ya can't pack it down very much though.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.