How many bowls a day do you smoke in a cob? and how many cobs do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadMan

How many bowls of tobacco do you average a day in a cob? also how many different cobs do you use to smoke that many bowls in a day?

MacNutz

I don't count but it must be at least six to eight a day. The diplomat and two legends handle most of that but my one briar gets lit at least twice every day

TheMadMan

Myself I hit the 4-6 bowl mark with just one or maybe two cobs a day if i'm smoking at home. If im out fishing then it's 8-12 bowls in the same darn cob for the day.

cobbsmoker

Myself I hit the 4-6 bowl mark with just one or maybe two cobs a day if i'm smoking at home. If im out fishing then it's 8-12 bowls in the same darn cob for the day.
A single cob can handle the task if you're using the filter and smoke to the dry side, I've smoked the same cob all day myself without issue many times.

kb7get

I have 5 cobs in rotation. Smoke about 12+ bowls a day in one for 2 or 3 days in a row, then rest it and grab another cob. Also have a no-name small meer that I smoke about 6 times each day and 1 briar out that I either smoke/don't smoke a few times each day. I grab a new briar out and rest the one I have been using after a week or two of use. I switch briar more out of boredom rather than it needing changed. I think I smoke more a day than most in here and have never needed to rest pipes even when I only used to use one pipe only for the day. Over the last 40+ years many times I have only had maybe 2 or 3 pipes I owned at a time. Would find one I liked and only smoke it dayly for years till I lost/broke it. Only pipe that wore out (bottom finally burnt through) after about 10 years? of using it each day. I only changed from having only 3 or so tobbacos and a few pipes when I join PSF and the members here open my eyes to what I have been missing all these years.

Bear84

I smoke 1-2 bowls generally from the cob and about that same amount from by briars. Cob is relegated to being in the truck for lunchtime/drive home smokes. Like others, if I burn it out, break it or whatever I can pick a new one up cheaply.

t-bear

None and none...I have three cobs, a Hackert antler, a General, and a bulldog. I' may pull out one or the other of the first two once every month or so...the dog remains un-smoked.

Johnny Dingo

Writer of wrongs
I got three that I rotate through on a fairly regular basis. I'll usually have no problem going through 2-3 bowls in a row with them.

jhguthlac

I have 5 cobs. Four are normal, 1 is the Gen. MacArthur type. I only use that long pipe on weekends, outdoors, with CAO's vanilla or Cherry bomb. Smoke them outside 'cause that is too much for my wife to bear inside! The three normal sized cobs rotate for my morning smoke, which is EMP. I generally smoke 2 pipes a day of EMP and don't repeat any pipe in the same day. Probably giving them too much respect, but I have been away from my pipes for quite a while. Just learning again.

t-bear

Why do you has cobs you dont smoke? Seems foreign to me.
Some folks are smokers, some are collectors.....I'm more a "gatherer". LOL
These are pipes that I've had for a number of years. The Hackert was a gift from a good friend, as was the MM bulldog. The bulldog cob hasn't been manufactured in many years....I'm hoping that sometime in the future I can sell it on the bay for a couple grand. The Hackert looks cool...what can I say? The other was my Condor pipe for years....that ghost is probably permanent! On occasion, I'll fill it with a flake or two, just to be sure.

4 MM cobs now, I probably smoke 2 to 3 bowls a day in a cob and one to 2 of my briars. 2 diplomats 1 patriot and 1 legend. I smoke my cobs throughout the day. And save the briar for morning or night usually.

TheMadMan

Well here is my two new workhorses i picked up the other week and the tobacco that i'll smoke in them several times a day in each. Thinking some of my Washington & legend cobs need a break as you can tell from some of the other pics i posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.