How much do you smoke a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

As I was buying some tobacco last night my wife ask how much have I been smoking. So far I am smoking a pouch/box of CH a week.

How much are you going thru a week? Not measured in bowls.

I would have to do the math...how many grams of tobacco fit into an average MM cob? If anyone has a gram scale I'd be curious in the results.
Then the formula would be: 12 x grams in bowl x 7 / 28.3 = ounces per week.

ruffinogold

Mayor
I'm not sure but I know a little less in the winter . At work I smoke the same but when I get home I'm not as jazzed to go out and smoke in 18 degree weather . This morning , I grabbed a Cob with SWR and went outside to smoke ... got halfway , maybe . It's freaking cold . During Spring/Summer and Fall , I'll smoke a bowl or two with coffee .. make phone calls , hang at PSF etc .. before going to work . I'm home more in the Winter cause there isnt alot of work so I guess my smoking drops a bit . But smoking a rich blend in the cold [ say Balkan Sasieni ] is really freakin nice .... I just aint going out in it alot . I also smoke smaller bowls while working ... so if I say I smoke 8-10 bowls at work , it's not like I'm smoking a KS sized Savinelli .. more a group 2-3 . This week I've been smoking the Stanwell Featherweight all week ... what a great pipe !

I would have to do the math...how many grams of tobacco fit into an average MM cob? If anyone has a gram scale I'd be curious in the results.
Three pouches per week before I started buying in bulk
Tobacco is getting so expencive we may have to scale it out in a ration !!
Lets see..3 pouches @ 8.00 per..I can buy a pound for that !!

Gothicmace

I fire up a pipe at least 3-4 times a day while working.. and 5 to 8 times a day on the weekends. Normally I have my Country Gentleman MM Cob going or my Savinelli Trev 616.. I love that pipe.... not sure how much baccy that breaks down to... I have a tub of CH and Half n Half... got those last month... still have a good amount in both.. but also have a dozen or so tins that I pull from as well. H&H Daybreak is my favorite in the morning... I do switch that up with SWR.. but I have been gripped by the smokey magic of Latakia and oriental blends. Hope that helps.
Cheers
Mike
PS.. 24 degrees outside this morning... I was trying to warm my hands with my pipe.. as I smoke outside in the garage.

Funny I was just doing some ballparks on my average consumption in order to plan my ordering. Goal is to have a years tobaco cellared every 6 months.
Anywaymy MM Legend holds roughly 1 gram of fresh from the pouch Half&Half. Guven my scale is just a cheapie starfrit accurate to the gram call it 1.5g per bowl.
Would put you at 4.5oz a week.

Funny I was just doing some ballparks on my average consumption in order to plan my ordering. Goal is to have a years tobaco cellared every 6 months.
Anywaymy MM Legend holds roughly 1 gram of fresh from the pouch Half&Half. Guven my scale is just a cheapie starfrit accurate to the gram call it 1.5g per bowl.
Would put you at 4.5oz a week.
Oh cool thanks for the weights! :th1: I was always curious about that.
So that puts me at about $10-$12 per week. (1.5oz Pouches of CH, SWR, PA, etc are usually $3- $3.50 at the local smoke shop. Bulk Mac Baren is $3.00 per oz at the same shop).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.