How to spend a $50 gift card to amazon...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Raffxr7, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I can't make up my mind on what to get, pipe-wise. It's hard to sort through the chinese drug pipes to find an actual pipe. I picked up a mr brog #14 churchwarden the last time I was looking there, but I don't have a clue where to go next. I like my collection of pipes, but heck... I can always use another! I don't believe they sell tobacco on their site or I'd be looking at tins (I've not had a tin yet.) I have a rack & humidor jar, a reamer, plenty of PCs, pipe tools, a bag to transport, and I just buy cheapo lighter packs since I loose them too easily. That kindof happens if you're in a 10 acre field, or cover 40 acres and don't know when or where you lost something... even a chainsaw. Are there a few other pipe makers selling on amazon? Any recommendations?

2. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

ruffinogold likes this.
  3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I don't have an answer, but now you've got me browsing pipe stuff on Amazon.

SalopSt and gentimmy like this.
  4. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Amazon sells Dr.Grabow's ;-)

PipeLotus and Johnny Dingo like this.
  5. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Ditto :bing:

6. Scurvy

Scurvy Member

I've seen Petersons and Savinellis on Amazon, if you've got another 20-30 bucks to throw on top of that gift card.

7. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

I second Spillproof, that is where I got my Dr. Grabow Royalton Bulldog, a truly fantastic pipe.

8. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I'm tempted, but I'm wary of buying Dr. G's online. Too afraid of getting one with a little leaf scratched into it. I can mod it out, but I'd rather not have to. But those royalto bulldogs are friggin' sweet and I can't get those locally.

9. Artistik

Artistik Member

John, order your Dr.G directly from the factory and they don't charge shipping. You have to call them as they don't take on-line orders.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  10. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Use it to buy stuff...what can I say, Im a helper.

Spillproof likes this.
  11. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

find out what one of our lovely psfers wants for a trade for a few tins of baccy?

12. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

How to spent a $50 gift card on Amazon? Tough problem. :)

You said pipes, but a pipe smoker always needs a good reamer. I just ordered a Senior Reamer from Amazon to replace one I had that locked up on me. It was under 20-bucks with shipping. That wouldn't burn up the whole gift card, but if you don't have a good reamer that is something you could use part of the card for.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Was the gift card, in fact, a gift? If so, add to it a little from pocket and get a 50 dollar discount from 4noggins. I'd chip in and get a 15 dollar falcon, personally....

If it wasn't a gift, though, IDK. I still might get the falcon.

Raffxr7 and Monkeyshine like this.
  14. Artistik

Artistik Member

+1 on the Falcon. Can't go wrong with that.

15. Albert

Albert Active Member

I'd probably drop it all on shaving soaps haha

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  16. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

add on to it and get the savinelli Oscar Lucite or a Peterson...then send it to me

17. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Not to derail, but I cannot recomend the Royalton enough. It smokes better then both my Sav and my Pete. I actually just ordered something from the factory, and they don't do paypal or such, so you have to mail a check to them last I knew. So you are looking at a week or two on the wait time. Just something to consider. I can PM you the link for the Smooth Dr. Grabow Royalton I found on Amazon if you would like. I really need to do a review on that pipe, but I'm kinda lazy. OH! If you do get one, I would suggest removing the filter, its got an awesome draw without it.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  18. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

It was a true gift, I even lost it for most of a year and was delighted to have found it. I have a falcon base, the bowl was cracked in half though. Are the new falcons as good as the American made ones? I'm liking this :-D

19. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

** RE: Dr. G: For 20 bucks I can pick up brebbia seconds (even a pocket pipe once in awhile) at my local B&M, IMO they outrank Dr G's, so I've been looking for something not locally available. Nothing against Dr. G, I picked up an estate little duke and consider it virtually perfect for a short walk! I had to trim the stem back, since the bit had 5 - 1/4" long cracks. Just a few too many for me to glue it back together and trust it, but that was a fun modification :-D

Thank you all for your comments, I've been a little sidetracked and keep meaning to search for what you've suggested..... obviously that's working well tonight! Have a great day/night everybody!

20. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

Amazon? I'd save that for something non pipe related. A gift, maybe for the Missus. Then I'd up the stakes a little and get something from http://www.invictabriars.com/ Pete's pipes smoke like a dream.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.