1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

How / when do you clean your falcon?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bluepipe, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

They smoke dry and cool. They are light and easy to transport. They are however, a pain to clean IMO.

I take the most time to clean them because I have to use some sort of napkin, or paper to swab the inside of the dome in the stem. I don't want to leave any nasty tobacco juice on the bowl or in the stem.

The same with Peterson system pipes, but they take a bit less because there are no threads to clean.

What do you do with your falcon?

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I generally wait til it's cooled off a bit, but not yet cold. grab a paper towel or napkin, unscrew bowl, wipe the threads and lower bowl, blow down stem, then wipe out the humidome, ball up napkin and scrunch and twist around the inside of the bowl. Screw it together and it's good to go. Every month or two I swish some booze down the stem and around the dome and run a pipe cleaner. If I ever travel to the third world I'll bring a Falcon.

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....I've never even taken my Falcon to the second world.....wherever that is :rolleyes:
    OT

Dondi and SmokeyJoe like this.
  4. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

OT, your input on falcon cleaning? It's ok when I 'm home, but when I'm out and about, I don't want to use napkins and clean the threads etc...

5. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

when I'm out and about for the day I regularly screw the bowl off mid-smoke, and give the inverted stem a good 'flick' (this practice may be frowned upon by some, but it's never harmed any of my Falcons!) - other than that, there's really nothing more than a quick wipe with a tissue (bowl bottom and humidome) which is not really a hardship IMO.....and of course, the occasional p/cleaner (some are a little on the tight side, and I always buy tapered cleaners). To be honest - it's not often I get much gunge out of a Falcon stem - with a cleaner.....maybe my penchant for bent ones has something to do with this?. I don't know if it's still available - but Falcon used to sell an aerosol can of cleaning fluid, with a nozzle shaped to fit in the bit.....damn good stuff!, next time I'm in Greens - I'll ask.
    OT

6. Spam

Spam Member

They sell it at my local tobacconists, so it seems to still be in production.

7. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

I love my single falcon that I own:( do you guys use the moisture rings? I do, and there is hardly any gunk in the bowl. I usually use a pipe cleaner bent in half to clean the bowl when it needs it. When cleaning the stem I always wet the first inch of the cleaner with some ever clear to help it down, If not its a real pain to get it all the way to the bowl.

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I just got one off Ebay and it is sharp. (Pics soon). Even though it is pretty clean and hardly used...I want to clean it too. (Don't want any English cooties. No offense Old Ted. lol)
    Just kidding.
    I would like to give it a quick clean.
    What do you recommend?

Artistik likes this.
  9. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

The thinnest pipe cleaner you can find, I use longs bristled, dapped with grain alc. And like said at beginning of thread, the bit is not removable

Mington likes this.
  10. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

I use a little everclear and a pipe cleaner for the stem about once a month.
    I like to run a dry pipe cleaner down the stem between smokes, and use a Q-tip to clean out the bowl after a smoke.
    A little Flitz polish will make the aluminum shine like chrome.

Note: I Cant stress this enough... Do Not Remove the Bit from the stem, You will damage the pipe.

Mington likes this.
  11. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

So I need an Anorexic plumber to clean my Falcon?

Mington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.