1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hunting for tobacco products...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by davidmackv, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

where I live there is a B&M about 40 miles away, but nothing else. I am always looking for somewhere I can get a pipe or tobacco. So, I decide I will type tobacco in my GPS and see what comes up. From where I was at the time a place pops up named "Puff and Chew", I thought, well this is probably a cigar and chewing baccy place. I go to it and it is one of those freaking cigarette discount places that are everywhere. I walk in and it is the usual stuff at those places and the guy behind the counter says "can I help you?" I said, I am looking for pipe stuff. He says "well, I don't have any pipe stuff except these old cheap corn cob pipes over here". He brings em over to me and sure enough they are MM Washington's for only 4 bucks. I grabbed me one and I will go back to get more from him soon. It is funny how people who run places like that don't realize the value of what they have in their store.

albot9 likes this.

2. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I walked in to a Liquor Store Monday in my hometown that I had never been to before. It's name is J's Liquor. The second I walk in there is an entire wall devoted to Pipes, Pipe Tobacco and Cigars. He had a nice selection of Briars, some Cobs, and tons of great Pipe Tobacco and four Humidors full of Cigars. I picked up a tin of Mac Baren Vanilla. I got to talking to one of the workers and he said they have tons more in the back. Turns out the owner is a big pipe smoker and anyone that comes in smoking their pipe gets 10% off.

Touchdown.....

3. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Nice, wish I could find a place like that. It seems pipe smoking is a dying art where I live. I don't know anyone other than myself that even smokes a pipe. When I was young, I knew a lot of people who did, but now it is rare to see anyone with a pipe.

4. in8angst

in8angst Member

Geez! I went to WalMart here in Griffin, just knowing I would be able to find pipe cleaners there. They acted like I had just stepped off a flippin UFO, or something. Settled for some "Fuzzy sticks", find them in the crafts section of same WalMart. They are twice as long as our regular cleaners, but what the heck, gets the job done. Fluffy, and super absorbent, too.

in8angst

5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Yeah, Wal-mart has absolutely nothing pipe related... just cigs, cigars, and chewing tobacco, and their prices really suck.

6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Great place you found, Nuck! If only they sold firearms they'd have the hat trick! ;)

7. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

in8angst, cross the street ot WalGreen's or the RiteAid in front of WallyWorld. WalGreen's also carries bristle type cleaners.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun place to visit!

9. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

Yeah I'm moving back to my hometown in November. I plan on getting real friendly with the folks there!

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Hobby shops/stores sell pipe cleaners, on rolls sometimes. Make sure it's cotton and not polyester for greater absorbency.

Pipe shops are great places to hangout. A bowl's stay or two (and usually free as a sample) is not over extending but ya gotta show a +$ flow in their direction for you to be greeted as a favorable customer. Great score on the MM at $4! At least that shop knew something afterall...........

With this day of online shopping and virtual money (cc's, debit cards) and 3rd party payers making folks feel somewhat protected, It's very hard NOT shopping in the comforts of your easy chair sippin' your home brew and enjoying your castle while merchants present their wares??? I do both, b&m's and online. I get the widest selection that way.

Ed
    Puff

11. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on the Washington! Nice Cob! Enjoy her, Beale.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I have to go to Atlanta tomorrow [ hate the place ] and I'll stop in this monster cigar store ... they have 4 tins of pipe tobacco and 40,000 cigar boxes ... sucks , but I'll see if theyve goten with it yet

13. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I feel your pain.

14. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I was in Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and the cashier told me Wal-Mart is trying to get out of the tobacco business altogether. The one I go to when I have to, doesn't sale pipe cleaners or even lighters.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  15. user1975

user1975 Active Member

They might as well.. any convenience store in town has better prices and selection than they do. They're on a big kick tobacco fit as well... I'm just waiting to be told I'll have to quit to keep my job, at which point I guess I'll be unemployed at least temporarily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.