i cant stand...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Waiting on my packages to get here. Got my SG fill for the year yesterday and am waiting in anticipation

1lb FVF
    1lb 1792
    2lbs SL
    1lb Cob plug.

No more weed for me for a while.

Oh yeah and also ordered 2 more pounds of GH DFU

2. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Hopefully won't get lost in the mail ;) hahaha!

3. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Haha would be my luck jomo seriously though if they lose 7 pounds of tobacco, ill give up the pipe.

Ok not really but I don't even want to begin to think of what would come of that. At around 50 a pound, cannot afford to lose that.

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i'll take the cob plug if you don't want it..

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Glad to hear that some PSF Piperz got "in" on some of the SG that came ashore recently.

For all you who didn't, keep checking your etailers daily, now thru next week. A couple of birdies told me that SG is "in stock" but they are contacting those who had "back ordered" (mine was a back order from Oct 2010) and allowing the back order customers "first rights of refusal" then it goes to open sale on the websites. So, check them. The two birdies are from two different etailers (not Mars, nor 4-Nogs, nor P&C) so keep vigil in your quest for SG, it's around the corner!

I refused the offers on both calls (they called me, how cool was that?!) and figured I had enough to satisfy my daily and cellar needs so there was no reason to be "piggy" about toby...........one of the girls was so taken by my response and non-hoarding attitude I thought she was gonna send me her panties (my luck she's 75 yrs old but with a voice of an angel.....).

Anyway, prices seem to have gone up ~20%. What used to be ~$50/lb ($45-$50) is now like $60.........so be ready with your "dead Prezis"!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Can't order too much these days but I find myself switching from the hard to find blends as it's such a hassle.

7. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I'm with Irish.....if it can't be found when I want to buy it.....I simply refuse to even try it.

8. Puff The Magic

Yet another reason for baggin' errruuh cellarin' toby from the likes of well stocked favs and in my case it's McCl, C&D, GLP, H&H, and a few micro-blenders like McCranie's etc. Cellar NOW piperz! You'll be glad you did!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

9. Puff The Magic

Sorry for the slight derail. Relax. It'll get to you. And if it doesn't, call 'em! Track if you wish but tracking can lead you to needless paranoia..........I was there last year! The more you have in your cellar, the more relaxed I believe you'll feel about anything toby related (shippment, taxes, restrictions, discontinuations, etc.) Nice bag o'pounds! ;) I like buying pounds........makes things easy and I feel better doing pounds or half rather than stackin' tins. I guess Liam has laid claim to the cob plug.....that was fast! I've never tried cob plug (strength kept me away). Nice thing about pipe forums as PSF enthusiasts of everything are daily players. Let us know when your joy pkg lands and esp Dub! ;)

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

on the plus side this shipment probably indicates a return to normal from SG. they lost a LOT of stock in the flood, and their curing processes would have taken about as long as its been to get back up to their normal numbers imho, so we might be back to the "every three months like slightly damaged clockwork" schedule of yesteryear.

11. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Lol in all honesty, the plug and one pound of SL are actually for fwllow psf members. Picked them up as I knew someone would miss the time to order.

12. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

specific members or are they open for bids?

13. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Well the SL is gone but the cob is still available. No bids, same price I paid for them plus shipping, pm if interested.

14. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

A friend and I have been waiting for 2 1/2 weeks for a small shipment of Sam Gawith tins to arrive from an off-the-beaten-path retailer he found who seemed to have some older stock. A rather curt phone call will be placed on Monday if we still don't have it.

I can't wait to see SG get back to a normal schedule so we can just order from one of the more reputable etailers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.