1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I have this pipe....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Rich666, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich666

Rich666 Member

and it wasn't a clencher but I went ahead and clenched and now I got a hole in the mouth piece.

http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/rich6667/media/DSCN1038_zps75fe2ceb.jpg.html

I have tried to attach a link to some pics but not sure if I have done so correctly in an attempt to show the shape of the stem.

The pipe is still smokable but I tend not to go to it so much as I know the bit is broken. My question is can anyone recommend a UK based stem replacement service as I like the bowl and I feel a new stem would put the pipe back in my rotation.

Thanks all,

Rich

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Rich - On PhotoBucket to the right of the picture, there's a box titled Image Links. Click on the one labeled IMG Code which copies the link to your clipboard. Then just paste that into your post. It will look something like this as you write your post:
    Code:
    [IMG]http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag88/rich6667/DSCN1036_zps05ccb1c3.jpg[/IMG]
    But what it does is embed the picture, like this:
    [​IMG]

Hope somebody in the UK knows where you can get this fixed - it's a nice looking pipe. :bing:

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  3. buistd

buistd Active Member

Rich - Mike Billington at Blakemar will do this for you. You can contact him through blakemar.co.uk .

dBear and Johnny Dingo like this.
  4. Rich666

Rich666 Member

Thanks Dbear, me and computers tend to fight over stuff like posting pics. Its a Savinelli but it didn't cost a lot so I hoped I wouldn't have to send it over the water back to the makers.

buistd - thanks for the info - i'll contact him and see what he can do for me.

dBear likes this.
  5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Definitely looks to be a fine pipe! I'm sure it will be worth replacing the stem. Maybe you could throw a rubber bit over it in the meantime and just don't clench :D

Labman and dBear like this.
  6. Rich666

Rich666 Member

I reckon' you could be right Tony - I should have known it would go through - the stem was very springy and the bowl quite heavy - we live and learn - good idea about the rubber bit might give it a go until I get a reply from Mr Billington.

If I do get it repaired then I guess I'm gonna have to get some new tobacco to reacquaint myself with it - every cloud eh?

thanks for the help guys

dBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.