I think I have a new favourite.....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Hawkwood, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

A while ago I picked up an empty tobacco tin from 1776 Tobacco Co. of Doylestown PA. It wasn't particularly old but it was in good shape and looked good. It used to contain their Old Dominion blend. Well don't you know Old Dominion is still available. An outfit called Sterling Tobacco in Illinois sells it mail order. They have a good website that lists all their blends. Anyway, last week I finally smoked some Old Dominion and I have to say it is extremely good stuff. It is an all Virginia Cavendish that burns easy and clean. Aromatic but not too sweet. Probably too mild for Lat fiends but if you're into quality naturals and aromatics check it out. More smoking will be underway, in different pipes etc, but it may well become one of my go to "perfect" blends like Frogmorton and Middleton's Walnut.:th1:

David Emond, Eric Pierson and dmkerr like this.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Nothing quite like finding a new favorite tobacco! :toast:

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I bought a 14 oz tub a year and a half ago and peck at it time to time for a treat. I was wondering how it was treated. I know it is a virginia and based on the fact that it is pitch black and has a rather leathery texture, I was assuing it was either stoved or cavendish, but wasn't sure which. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Jack Peterson is great to do business with, but doesn't give too much info on the blends he sells.

I really like the 1776 Tavern as well. It is expensive, but a great treat for the english/balkan enthusiast. It is loaded with a lot of different Orientals.

Hawkwood likes this.
  4. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Awesome feeling, in looking forward to my next one of these moments.

Hawkwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.