I tried a latakia mix again and here are my thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

This is an excellent suggestion. Comparing English blends that contain perique (like Nightcap and Fox&Hound) to those that do not also highlights the contribution perique makes to those blends.

Mount Mandolin likes this.

2. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

I think that lat blends are an acquired taste--at least for me they were. I tried several lat blends before I realized what they were and I was unimpressed so I stopped buying them, but I heard such good things about the Frog blends that I tried them again and became hooked. It took some time but now I can and do enjoy lat blends.

3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I started pipe smoking with Balkan Sasieni and Dunhill 965. I thought they were pretty strange at first and burned my tongue a few times learning how to smoke them. I love them all now.

4. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Northwoods is my go-to Lat blend, it just really clicks with me. A little sweetness from the cavendish, and the Latakia isn't too overpowering. Great stuff.

5. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I went from Frog Morton to Mississippi Mud. Kind of like going from jumping off a street curb to falling off a cliff. I like the lat blends and even though they have that campfire quality when unlit they actually leave a decent room note when smoked. My wife complimented the smell from a Frog Morton blend one day, so if she liked it I was all good to go!

6. craig

craig Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.