1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I want it BACK!!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by freestoke, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freestoke

freestoke Member

Maybe those guys that cleaned out my car along with all my pipes DIDN'T throw them away! I swear it's MY PIPE!! Send out the pipe police!!

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ben-wade-freehand#

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

FS,

Can you flag it permanently as
    being stolen? I'd certainly do
    so if you believe that is your
    pipe.

dp

3. freestoke

freestoke Member

I wish, but no way. It was stolen 30 years ago! It does look exactly like it, too, with the rustication on half the bowl. Weird coincidence that I'd stumble on that photo. Probably isn't really it. I'd imagine he made a lot of them that looked like that. Looks eerily familiar though.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Ah, I thought this was a recent
    occurrence. It is, however, a
    shame that you lost any amount
    of pipes due to a theft. Hope
    Karma swept around and bit
    the perps in the arse!

dp

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yeah ...LOL ... smoked some crack in the stolen pipe and walked into the police station thinking it was a head shop .... :)

6. sorringowl

sorringowl Emoticonally challenged

I came across a twenty dollar bill the other day that looked like one I used to have (when the economy was better) :roflmao:

Dude, they say that objects that we've once possessed still hold our energy (if you're into all that metaphysical stuff). So, yeah, man, I wouldn't be surprised if it is yours. Sucks that someone would steal, well, anything, but a pipe is such a personal thing. Maybe a pipe will find its way to you, from out of the blue. :iiam:

7. freestoke

freestoke Member

:nana:
    They didn't steal the pipes, per se. I was in the process of moving here to Rome from Dallas and had just checked into a motel. My car was totally loaded with "junk". Boxes full of LPs -- Beatles, Cream, Three Dog Night, my autographed Christopher Parkening albums, Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, Toscanini, Rubinstein, Gilels..., a nice Stiffel floor lamp, my commissioning papers signed by LBJ (back when the president actually signed them himself), my college sheepskin, immunization records, et hoc genus omne. I carried my suitcase into the room, tested the beer recycling unit and heard a noise outside. I pulled back the curtain, looked out and saw a pickup truck parked behind my car and four guys. Watched as one broke out the little vent window, reached in and unlocked the door, opened the door, reached over and unlocked the other side, and they emptied it out faster than a Jackie Stewart pit crew changing a tire. And off they went -- with all my pipes but one, the Sasieni Mayfair that was in my pocket. And probably a dozen tins of Dunhill, Balkan Sobranie, etc, my pipe rack. It was a major bummer.

Actually, it could have been worse! I had also carried in my Masaru Kohno classical guitar. Now THAT would have been a disaster.

8. jimmyblues

jimmyblues Member

Hey, good taste in music FS! :thumbsu:

and did they take the car as well? or just clean it out? thats bad timing i spose. we had our car broken into in london twice in two months, same method as you describe above...never left anything valuable in it, and after the second time we just put signs up everywhere and left glove comprtment open etc.. no spare change... just opportunist stuff. but yeah., bad timing for you :sick: welcome to NY state hey?

9. freestoke

freestoke Member

Thanks! :cheers:

I'd have traded the PoS car for those pipes! Naw, they just grabbed the boxes, through 'em in the truck and were out of there. Quick. It happened on the drive here, in Greenville, SC. I'm sure they tossed them AND the tobacco and all the papers and "junk". Useless in that part of the country at the time. They'd have gotten something for the LPs and the lamp, but everything else was totally without value for them, most likely.

sigh

10. freestoke

freestoke Member

And another one of the pipes they got away with. This is exactly like one of the pipes I lost.

[​IMG]

I want this one back even more than the other one!

11. jimmyblues

jimmyblues Member

i really like the look of that one.. normally i prefer smooth finishes, but id make an exception for that beauty. lovely! [um...bad luck i mean ;) ]

12. mpchem

mpchem Member

That really sucks. I know what it's like to have a car broken into and have stuff stolen out of it. Don't worry--Karma will leave its mark. I agree that you do have good taste in music!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.