I'll never have that recipe again!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Old Ted, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

......like in the song about McArthur Park lol!, I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but - I've just been delving into a jar from the top shelf of the cupboard...oops! - sorry, closet!:rolleyes:..... thats been the recipient of all kinds of 'leftovers', and 'odds 'n ends' for over a year now. Must be the remnants of about thirty different tobaccos in that mixture, and yes - you guessed it!, it's a damn fine smoke!. I'd bet there are quite a few of you with some fine 'private blends' - that can't be replicated! ....or maybe you're more methodical than me, and keep records! :D
    OT

Old Codger and Trauma like this.

2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I know just what you mean, Dave. Sometimes those accidents are downright good! Of course, sometimes they don't turn out so well, too... :rolleyes:
    Then there was that one time when I dusted what looked like about a tenth of a gram of Ennerdale into a full pint jar. I ended up with a pint of Ennerdale :) Lord have mercy but that stuff is strong.

3. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I cannot recommend mixing Elegant Ernie and Russ Oulette's Anglers Dream. That is all.

Old Codger and Mington like this.
  4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Elegant Ernie?....WTF?...just when I thought I'd heard 'em all!:ohyh:
    OT

Mington likes this.
  5. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

It's a C&D blend... wtf is right. Didn't work for me.

Old Ted likes this.
  6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I thought it was "elegant emu"? I have a leavings jar that has been running for about 5 years now...maybe more. Everything but aromatics goes in here. Some past incarnations have been stellar, and some have been disastrous. I just keep pouring the dregs of my tobacco jars/tins into this half gallon jar and shaking it up. Most of the time, I end up with a nice, decent English/Va-Per/Oriental-ish conglomeration that pleases. I usually end up smoking it in the shop, or whilst working in the yard...comfortably satisfying and forgettable.

7. phinz

phinz Active Member

I have a big ol' jar of P&C's Best of the Rest. It's interesting, to say the least.

Old Codger likes this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

I dip in to the "Unknown" jar every now and then. Sometimes it's amazingly good, sometimes it's not. One night the jar seemed to stand out from the others almost as if daring me to explore the contents. I shook up the jar and smoked a bowl and it was great, smoked another bowl and it was almost unpleasant. The jar should have a label on it " Unknown, don't push your luck".

9. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

I have a jar just like this. Tonight it happened to be great.

Old Codger likes this.
  10. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I've got one that's amazing. It's so good I'm trying to make it last.

I call it "Boss Leelafords Mixture #69"

I'd tell you what's in it, but then I'd have to ki-.....well you know.

It did start as the leftovers of my first bag of SPBC, Prince Albert, SWRA, Colorodo Cherry, and a few samples I received in the mail. It's grown into something much better though.

11. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I recently had a successful experiment combining a little brown bogie with a bit of Pirate Kake. I was most surprised at how good it was. Most of my experiments are not so pleasing in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.