I'm bummed (ok I'm spoiled)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by SthrnMan, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

After working from home for a year, my boss has decided he wants to see me in the office 3 days a week. Not because my job performance is suffering, just because he wants to work on team building. This sucks! I smoke 5-10 bowls a day at work now. In the office we get a 1 hour break for lunch, that's it.
    I may start checking out Monster for account manager positions...

Rodfather, dBear, bubbagump and 3 others like this.

2. scopawl

scopawl Member

Damn, that sucks.
    I'm in the same boat as you, working from home does have its perks. It's possible I'll be moving cities this summer and may have to get back into an office job again. I'm not quite sure how I'd manage it.
    Good luck if you start job hunting, it's never easy!

3. Robin

Robin Member

You might want to thank him, I find that the less I smoke the more I enjoy my pipe. 5-10 bowls a day is a lot of smoking, I get by fine on 1-2, quality, not quantity. :) IMHO

MikeInMaine likes this.
  4. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

working from a laptop at the local boozer with a pipe has its perks

Robin, SthrnMan and WalkinStick like this.
  5. Robin

Robin Member

Why do I have to be the poor schmuck with a job where you can neither smoke or drink! God knows some of my coworkers could use good shot of booze every once in a while! :)

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , you and I are in opposite worlds . In my world Superman is Superman ... is Superman in your world or Bizarro ? Cause maybe theres a middle world . :beck:

That really sucks in a bad way . Seriously , I'd ask if there were anyway I could have my office outside and the team could visit me there . Plus the whole " team thing " is for people without balls . I worked for a company that had " team meetings " and it was ... Heck , I cant think of a word that wont get be in PC hot water .. . Anyway , good luck and I hope it works out somehow or maybe you can get him/her to change their mind on the matter .

7. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Yup. That sucks. I worked from home most of 2012. It's been painful as hell going back into the office five days a week.

ruffinogold likes this.
  8. ruffinogold

LOL ... I cought your post right before you edited it :beck:.... much better , my friend :xd:

It would have explained the type of person that was into " team meetings " , imo .... lol

So , now you and I have an inside joke that we can reference :th1:

bubbagump likes this.
  9. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I'm about as interested in team building as a hooker is interested in a bed of nails.
    I don't play well with others.
    On another note, I just realized the 1 1/2 drive each way is going to eat into my PAD money. Maybe it's time just start living off the land... Team building? Seriously??

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. ruffinogold

I hear ya , my friend ......... That stuff is ok for 12 year old girls at band camp

SthrnMan likes this.
  11. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

The last 11 years of my working life I was a route salesman fora snack food company. My office was my truck. Luckily we only had 2 to 3 meetings a year. After doing that for so long I really don't think I could have handled a one location job in an office, mill, store or whatever.

dBear, dwaugh and SthrnMan like this.
  12. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Yup. As Damon Wayans used to say on 'In Living Color'..."Homie don't play that." I went off in a meeting a couple months ago about this topic. Me (in a nutshell)..."why should I be penalized for getting my work done in 1/2 the time of someone else because I'm not wasting my time ****ing off on social media sites or texting?"

dBear and SthrnMan like this.
  13. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

my first boss: there's no I in team
    hungover wanting a smoke me: no but theres a me so leave me too it.

the other one was
    my first boss: there's no I in team
    me: *takes board pen, goes to whiteboard, colours in the center of the capital a and the bit between the legs* yes there is it's right there!

AussieTX likes this.
  14. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

So I asked him if he thought he was going to make more money off of me by shaking my snow globe like this. His answer 'Uhm it's not all about the money' translation 'I'm a control freak and this is what I want to do'

15. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Yup. That's where I am at the moment. On any given day, I spend almost as much time fantasizing about quitting as I do completing my work.

SthrnMan likes this.
  16. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I actually bust my @ss at work. I work 12 hrs a day from home. So now he wants me to only work 8 hrs??
    Thinking about spending 3 hrs a day on 575 in traffic and getting less work done... I've chewed a hole in the stem of my cob today.

17. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

surely business is all about the green.

18. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

It is where I come from. I don't work for fun.

19. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

At the very least you have a good job, I'd keep it. You will get used to the new routine .

20. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Yup. If something happened with this job, there's no way in hell that I'd consider commuting to D.C. (that's the most likely alternative). It would be the same deal. Spend ~3 hrs a day in a van (van pools are common) or spend ~1 hr on a metro and ~2hrs in traffic. Decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.