I'm crazy I know.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by macthenife, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macthenife

macthenife Member

Well the Thanksgiving gathering is over with the family.So now I'm in line at a well known electronics store waiting for my chance to get a phone for free. This will be a savings of roughly $150 for me. I had to try even though I have to stand here for 5 hours. Bit I'm puffing on my pipe in line. A little Lane 1Q in the hopes that the crowd won't mind. So far, so good. By the way I do have some cigarette smokers out here to that I see. So in the next 5 hours I should have plenty of time to enjoy my pipe.

IrishRover, Raffxr7 and Smokingmiami like this.

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

Keep a live update. We will be following ya!

Tyler Lad and dwaugh like this.
  3. macthenife

macthenife Member

Update... It's cold!

4. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Good luck, at least you have the time spent with a pipe to enjoy... with or without a phone!

5. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I'm pullin' for ya man! If I could find a way to save $150 on something that I need I would be right there with you. A little over the top maybe but worth it in the long run.

Are you guaranteed a $150 savings or is this just a roll of the dice?

6. macthenife

macthenife Member

Well it is a roll of the dice. I will get it if any are left. I will get a ticket about 10 MST if they have any left when they get to my spot in line.

7. Capt

Capt Active Member

See any hot moms in line?

8. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Best of luck to you

9. macthenife

macthenife Member

It is a horror show out here for the most part. Mostly guys around me.

I'm smoking my cob by the way. If I get trampled by the mob, so it won't be hard to replace. I'm getting some interesting looks, that is for sure.

Old Codger, Eric Pierson and Buckshot like this.
  10. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Just a friendly reminder dont stand to close to the naked man :thu: his dedication is way more than yours

Rodfather and Buckshot like this.
  11. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

:xd:

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Just start talking to yourself loudly about the Antichrist. People will give you lots of space.

Rodfather and RTOdhner like this.
  13. Goat

Goat Active Member

Well since your already in line. Grab on of them phones for me while your at it.

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Should have brought a more offensive smelling smoke; it might have moved you up in th queue. :)

Rodfather and WrightwoodJohn like this.
  15. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

:popc: Did ya get it?

16. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

17. macthenife

macthenife Member

Sorry, my phone finally died in line (one of the reasons i wanted a new phone. Well good news! After 5 hours standing outside and another 2 in the store, I got my phone.

After standing. In the cold that long, you become pretty good friends with those around you in the line. I received several nice comments about the smell of my tobacco. I even drew the attention of some passers by yelling out how they loved my pipe. I didnt have one person give me a hard time. It turned out to be a memorable night in the cold and im sure i gave a few people around me a story to share with others as well.

Thanks for listening and I wish everyone luck that they were able to survive the crowds if they dared to venture out. And had time to enjoy your pipe a bit during the process.

Rodfather and Buckshot like this.
  18. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

I had a similar experience waiting in line for Halo 4 at the midnight launch.

19. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

No Black Friday or Grey Thursday (where*DO* they get these names?!?) for this ol' bear. Did that once a couple of years back. I don't need nothin' THAT damned bad! While you were standing there getting flat feet and a frost-bit nose, I was in my armchair, smoking Condor in a meer, sipping a hot mug of tea, and listening to a Mississippi Delta Blues station on XFM. :sh::th1::sh:

Rodfather, WyoBob and highstump like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.