1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Im in cob bliss!!!!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by chambers11283, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Wow i finally got my freehand cob in, and let me tell you.... I was not expecting this. This cob is huge i can sink my entire pinky down the bowl and not hit the bottom. I have really been wanting a giant type pipe for a long while now and with this bad boy i have satisfied 2 needs, a giant pipe and a good cob. The fact that this thing is so solid totally rocks, and the vulcanite steam just sets it off. I can say the wait(be that it sucked to wait as long as i did) was well worth this pipe. I cant wait to fire it up for the first time, though im at a totall loss an what to smoke in it being that the bowl is HUGE lol. Well now i guess i can count myself in the ranks of the cob heads cause after holding this one i already want more and have yet to even smoke it lol.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Way cool, Dude.! You really don't have to put any more weed in it than you would any other pipe.

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I was thinking that might be the case being its so narrow at the bottom then fans out at the top. But cool thank you.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Of course, you can though...I've smoked Escudo to the brim in my freehand...like a 2+ hour adventure!

5. hoss

hoss Member

I've got to agree about the freehands. Mine is my favorite of the 3 i have. Solid construction, thicker walls and bigger bowl = mo' betta.

Enjoy it! :puffy:

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Quit yanging your yin I said that you don't have too not that he should......dottle breath....

:puffy:

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Ok holy hell, i just had my first bowl in the freehand cob, well im actually smoking it right now, down to about half, and ill go ahead and say it, it was love at first puff. Has such a smooth effortless draw to it, the taste of the toby is so clear and clean, and the size of the bowl is awesome, ive been smoking it now for over an hour and its still going strong. I know now for as long as im a pipe smoker i will have a freehand cob im my collection, and i strongly suggest to those out there that have been thinking of getting one but unsure of it to go ahead and get one, they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sorry, Jes...what did you type? My eyes are still tearing up from all the Perique...

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I won't say anything that resemblez "I told u so" but you "know now that cawbz rawk! ;)

:eek:hyeah:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

10. WillH

WillH Active Member

Is this a thread about conical Vs tapered bowls?

So mote it be ......... :eek:hyeah:

Will

11. Puff The Magic

MM Freehands and General are deep tapered bowlz. I believe they both have the same dimensions if not very similar.

Kick any of your "filtered" MM's up a notch (actually several) by ordering the "MM Freehand Stem" ($4) and grab some sandpaper to take the tenon down so it fits! You'll be AMAZED! Trust me on this. It soooooh improves the overall "everything" about the MM "filtered" cobs! Of course this stops you from being able to use a filter.......but I don't use the filterz...guess I'm just a badboy pipe whore :eek:hyeah:

Smoking cobs, just another freedom, just another choice! Though I've been somewhat "off-cobs", they still get loaded up and warmed or at the ready close by.

;)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

12. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Yes cobs totally rawk, i love my freehand, dont know if its bad to do but im smoking it again right now, I could not help myself it just smokes soooo damn good!!!!!!

13. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Smoke some Irish Flake in it!

14. SBritton

SBritton Member

That sounds awesome. Do we get some pics?

15. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Irish Flake does sound good, ive been wanting to try a flake toby out for a while, but for now i dont have any :velho:

16. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I will try to post pics, my motherboard fried on my computer so i am in the process of getting that fixed, so this one im on can barely handle comeing to this forum, its a huge peice of crap lol. I guess i can see if my brother can.

17. Puff The Magic

Nice thing about cobs is you can smoke a number of bowls/day through them and they just keep right on "giving". Do let them rest but don't worry about firing up a 2nd, or 3rd, or even more of the same bowl in the same day. They can take it. Especially the Freehand sized with a huge amount of cob to absorb......... Question is, can you take several bowls in your Freehand in the same day? :yes:

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

18. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Oh yes Puff i can hehe, I smoked my freehand 4 times yesterday lol, im working on the 3rd smoke in it today. Im in love with this pipe, i havent even smoked my briars since i got muh cob lol. And the great thing is the taste of the toby, my lord it is sooooo crisp!!!!!

19. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

the Freehands are superb and in fact it was smoking one that got me interested in large bowled pipes - as I write Im smoking my Corncob Snob Society natural Freehand with it's Forever Stem ( and precautionary zip tie round the end of the stem ) loaded up with Peterson's Sweet Killarney and all's well in my world!

Enjoy!

Gerry

20. freestoke

freestoke Member

For the past week I've been trying to buy a cob. I go online and there they are -- filtered cobs. The only unfiltered ones I see are miniatures. (How'd THAT happen!? And WHY!!? I even went to a site dedicated to nothing but cobs.)

So what do I get? I want a "normal" cob pipe, but they're all filtered, so I guess I get that Freehand stem and I'm set, right?

Any shape recommendations? I'll probably order at least two...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.