I'm loving the Stanwell

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by 5H4N3, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Today, Mr. Mailman brought me a package. This was inside...
    https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/stanwell-86.21075/
    When I opened the box, I was very pleased. The pipe actually looks better in person than in the photo.
    But I bought the pipe to smoke, not to look at, and I could hardly wait to get started.

The first thing I noted, is that this pipe has a more open draw than any I have ever experienced.
    I packed up my first bowl, and me and the dog headed to the porch swing.

Now I will freely admit that I have never smoked a high quality pipe, so you must understand my past experience has been limited mostly to Dr. Grabow, Kaywoodie, and MM cobs. and while I have enjoyed smoking all of the above, this pipe is definitely in a different league.
    This pipe smokes like a dream! :byg:
    No relights, smoked almost to the bottom of the bowl, and smoked cooler and slower than anything I've seen.
    All of my other pipes require a moderate cadence, and some pretty stout puffing to keep them lighted (I assume this is because of the more restricted draw), but this pipe is truly a "sipper". I swear you can set this pipe down for 2 minutes, pick it back up and sip,sip,sip and she comes right back to life.
    Because of this. I was able to slow down and enjoy the smoke more. For the first time in my life, I got a little more than an hour out of the bowl. About 40 minutes is my old average.
    OK I'm gonna quit now cause I'm starting to ramble.

Thank you to ShiloHollow, not only for the pipe but also for the extra little treat.

2. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

That is a very nice pipe! I can see why you are delighted with it. Glad to hear that it smokes like dream. Congrats!

3. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

That's a really nice looking pipe. Great shape and that white band accents the black in a really classy way.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  4. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

" I love it when a plan comes together. "

Stanwell makes a good product--enjoy!

5. Goat

Goat Active Member

You beet me to that pipe. I'm glad it went to someone that is truely appreciating it.

6. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Of the usual suspects for reasonably affordable pipes, Stanwell is my favorite manufacturer. Every one of mine has been a great smoker with a great look. Enjoy yours!

Artistik likes this.
  7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Great pipe. I love the lines on a Stanwell.

8. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Great! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Its hard to go wrong with a Stanwell.

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Glad you like it. I was going to buy it, but before I got around to sending the PM, it was gone. Gotta love the great deals you can get on pipes around here.

10. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I have a Stanwell 86 in their Brazilia line - it is a really nice shape, and a fine smoker! I hope yours serves you well!

11. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

It's a beauty. Stanwells & Comoys are my favs.

12. raf66

raf66 Member

I've got a Stanwell and it's one of my absolute favorites. Uncommonly good smoke for a reasonably priced pipe. Yours is very nice. I hope you two have a long and happy life together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.