1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I'm not a kid, I don't go looking for my presents...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

however my folks often have a hard time deciding on gifts for their children. My birthday is coming up soon, and I really enjoy smoking pipes, and they prefer having "wishlists" and so on. I asked for two pipes, both under $100 but nice looking and from reputable carvers.

This was the one: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=80142

More interestingly, this was the other: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/johs/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=79686

Notice the Johs brandy is out of stock? It wasn't yesterday...

Sure hope that baby's to be mine. I love the look of it, and the way people talk about Johs pipes I'm thinking it should probably be a good one. It's straightforward but I really appreciate the partial rustication.

I have to wait till June 7th to find out if my folks bought it or someone else did, though. Phooey!

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Well, if they've got you a train set - or something else, you'll have to wait 'till Christmas and ask Santa for it! :byg:
    OT;)

Kiowapipe likes this.
  4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Ahhh anticipation... :p

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nice pipe nesta and I hope your birthday wish comes true!:bday:

6. ddandb

ddandb Member

Are your parents on the internet? If they have email accounts post them here and everyone will sill start dropping them subtle hints.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

No way haha...

Anyway, I'll know in five days wether I'll get it or not. Gosh, though, that thing looks so nice to me! I love partial rustication as long as I think it suits the pipe, and I think it looks good on that one. And then the fact that the chamber depth is almost 1 and 3/4"! I'm sure that thing would pack a very nice, lengthy, relaxing smoke!

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

I hope you get your pipe! At my age I just get cash, Beale.

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I know what you mean. These days I usually get socks... the tragic thing is I'm actually happy about them! :)

albot9 likes this.
  10. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

oh my gosh. My grandmother gives me socks every year for Christmas! I haven't bought socks for years and they're always better than the ones i'd buy myself. :thu2:

Its sort of a terribly awesome present.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  11. Zfog

Zfog Member

You know your getting older when you just look forward to relaxing and spending time with family on these days. lol

WillH likes this.
  12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Yep. Not sure when it happened, but for this very reason Thanksgiving became my favorite holiday somewhere along the line.

13. WillH

WillH Active Member

So very true!

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.