I'm so sorry Carter Hall

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by User3940, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I thought CH was going to be my "go to" tobacco, I really did. But then I smoked the last bowl of my first tobacco purchase, locally, and that was Lane Unlimited's Vanilla Cavendish, branded Smoker's Pride. I thought it would not be a problem as I had CH now. Wrong!

I found myself missing my Vanilla Cavendish. I missed how smooth it was, how it was a slow burner while not requiring a lot of re-lites, how it left a good room note that the wife actually like (unusually to be sure), how it didn't bite, no matter how over indulgent I got. I was craving my VC, so I caved and ran down to the local tobacco store and purchased another 12 oz bag ($16.00) and took it home and put it back into it's cellar jar where it belonged. It then got moved to the immediate left of CH, and at the head of the line in order of smoke preferences. See I'm OCD so everything in order is compulsory.

That's not to say that CH is disappearing from my cellar, oh no. It will remain, but as an occasional smoke, along with any sample packs that I buy at 4noggins.

So, Welcome home VC, so sorry CH.

ruffinogold, irish2fish and bubbagump like this.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I like throwing a little Carter Hall on top of a folded and stuffed flake of Solani ABF. I don't smoke CH on it's own much, but it makes a great parfait. :bing:

psquared likes this.
  3. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Hmmm, I'll need to get my hands on some VC.
    CH is often my go to smoke.

4. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

I bought a bag of SP VC recently. It's a good smoke. It's much more dry than some of the other black cavendish blends too, so it's easy to light up. That and it's dirt cheap. I have to say that I really liked the price of that bag.:D

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nothing to be sorry about, I've ditched Carter Hall and cobs for Sir Walter Raleigh and briars myself, as a matter of fact, I don't smoke any Middleton blends anymore, tastes change.

6. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Perhaps I need to crack my jar of VC again, I had given up on it awhile back. BC was more my thing then, and even tried the Cherry Cav... the goal was to try all the SP blends, but after two that I didn't enjoy much I gave up. I need to vac bag a bit of this and ship it to a friend... along with a new cob, another "Killer Bee Cob" (has a stinger and threaded mortise/tenon) and a few briars... with a hoard of pipe cleaners. My pal ran out, and can't get 'em locally. I hope 450+ will hold him over for a few months. :)

7. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Oh well, all the more for me.

psquared, Artistik and Mington like this.
  8. DakOOk

DakOOk Member

I have been looking to give one of these SP a try, specially the BC. What retailers carry this stuff? My local wally world doesn't carry it and the walgreens clerk mumbled something to the effect that they carry it "sometime" but are out right now. It kinda chaps my ass not being able to find an OTC....well OTC. At least wally world carries PA so good to go on that one.

9. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

There's plenty out there, especially in our neck of the woods DGE, doubt you will run out anytime soon, if you do, give me a holler and I'll send a truck load your way...:th1:

DGErwin11 likes this.
  10. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Your friend is a lucky man.

Raffxr7 likes this.
  11. Longshanks

Longshanks Member

I had no problems with regular SP, though it didn't have me dropping PA or CH for it. I'd say the running was a pretty close match. I have not tried the SP-VC, not yet anyway. Might have to pick up a bag if its that good. There are a couple locations around me that stock it. Worst case scenario, the cellar gets another few jars of a good OTC to throw into the rotation.

12. Splat

Splat Member

Never had CH because I can't find it anywhere around here but I've had burley and like it. Try mixing some CH with that VC and see how ya like it. I mixed Classic Burley Kake with Lane BCA for the helluvit once and now do it more often.

13. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I do put some CH in with my VC and found it enjoyable.

CaKy likes this.
  14. CaKy

CaKy Member

Just opened my first 12 oz bag of any of Smoker's Pride offerings having seen them hanging on the racks at a B&M I visit. This was the VC in the blue bag. Mild and light on the vanilla but it's def there under it all. I agree on the dryness and ready to go. Got this bag online for 12.95 with free ship...can't beat that!

15. TWolf

TWolf Member

I can't find it anywhere around here. If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from with free shipping?

16. CaKy

CaKy Member

User3940 and TWolf like this.
  17. TWolf

TWolf Member

18. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Hmm. No free shipping here. I just did their cheap shipping ($5). Got some SP BC and and Stokkebye's Black Vanilla (PS-21).

19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I am so going to do that this weekend.

BradNTX likes this.
  20. CaKy

CaKy Member

Bubba...they def have a free ground shipping link with some exceptions. I don't know where you are located or if that is the restriction but if that link didn't work for you, go to http://www.cigarsinternational.com/happy13 then look up the product. That URL is where you get the free ship for any/most items except humidors and large stuff.

TWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.