In a bind: Sail Yellow vs Capt Black White

In a bind, which would you choose?

• Sail Yellow

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Captain Black White

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No thanks, I'll wait until I get home...

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbagump

I'd give Sail Yellow a try. I've never smoked that stuff. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

Sail because I haven't tried it yet. CBW isn't terrible though, and it's room note is why I got hooked on pipes.
x2. The stuff smells great. CBW does a hell of a job gooping up pipes though. I've got close to a pound of the stuff cellared and it'll likely stay that way for a while.I occasionally smoke one bowl here and there. The smell/room note of the stuff is what hits me first. It smells great. The second thing that hits me is how many pipe cleaners I need to clean out my pipe after smoking that stuff.

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart
I'd personally go with Sail. It really does taste like a tobacco, whereas I find CB White to taste like goop.
Keep in mind that Sail Yellow is pretty much a standard natural Cavendish. So it'll have a mild sweet sugar casing but little if any top flavoring.
CB White is a mixture of various Cavendish tobaccos with very heavy top flavoring that, to me, drowns out any tobacco flavor.
It's all about personal taste however.

I think Sail Yellow makes for a nice, slightly sweet, "natural" smoke...but the taste is ultra mild. Not one of my all time favorites or anything, but a nice tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.