In need of guidance towards my next "go to"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, so I've hopefully got a new pipe on the way soon and I have a thing about dedicating pipes to blends (primarily at least). I'm essentially looking for a new go to/ favourite blend as I feel I might be overdoing my current favourites.

I took a stab in the dark and had a try of germains rich dark flake, purely because it's similar to Stonehaven which seems to be highly favoured. Sadly, we just didn't click, I swear I felt the same sensation perique gives me and that's an instant no no.

My favourite blends at present are frog Morton's cellar and on the town. I guess I'm looking for something with a nice Latakia presence, but a little something more at the same time, be it a sweetness or an intriguing element of some kind. I'd toyed with the idea of gl pease gaslight, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

muddler

Suggest you try some of the GLP lat blends - they are excellent:

Chelsea Morning
Meridian
Key Largo

are my favorites.

buistd

Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture. Hands down the best Latakia blend I have smoked. Lancer's Slices comes a close-ish second but the GH blend has some real goodness to it, and a certain intrigue.

ruffinogold

Mayor
Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture. Hands down the best Latakia blend I have smoked. Lancer's Slices comes a close-ish second but the GH blend has some real goodness to it, and a certain intrigue.
+1 ... My wife snagged a tin of this a little bit ago and it is a super nice blend and wasnt to moist . It rocked right out of the tin ! I havent had it in a few weeks ... think I'll dig some up now and brave a small bowl in the cold

Monkey

I'm going to endorse Lancers Slices. That is my favorite lat flake.

F&K Balkan Supreme is also pretty good and that's a ribbon cut.

Try Magnum Opus. I think it's H&H. Very good, primarily latakia, but complex nonetheless. Hard to describe even for a seasoned smoker. Check out the reviews on TR and you'll see what I mean.

Ok guys, big thanks for all your help :) I'm going to give navy flake a whirl, on moos advice, it sounds very intriguing! Unfortunately gl pease isn't easy to get hold of in the uk :( the only importers are gauntleys and I don't fancy paying £20 for 50g tins (although I completely appreciate the reason behind their pricing) might brave a us order later this year, but not just yet.

Also going to pick up some G&H Balkan blend as you fine fellows suggested. A wild card will be Germains special Latakia flake, purely out of curiosity! Will let you know how I get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.