Indian River Gold

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Gradog, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gradog

Gradog Member

I stopped in at the Pipe and Cigar Den in Vero Beach Florida. I bought 8oz of there Indian River Gold. They say this is there best selling blend and I can see why. It is just tobacco Burly and Virginia. It has a great flavor top to bottom. I wonder how this is done. Most tobaccos don't start giving up there true flavors till a few minuets into the smoke, then they change about 2/3 of the way down the bowl. This tobacco started off great, continued great and burnt down to the bottom with no relight. If that wasn't good enough, they only charge $1.00 for packaging and the true cost of shipping. I like this Mom and Pop tobacco Shop. :coffee:

2. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Sounds like a real winner Dog. Is it a true shop blend or a repackage of a commercial tobacco? *Most* house blends are just repackaged blends with an in-house name.

3. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

4. Gradog

Gradog Member

I think they mix it. They have 5 gal containers of tobacco under a wooden bench. They said they will custom blend and keep it on file. Too bad I live in N.Y. I could really spend some money here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.