interesting bus stop encounter yesterday

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by scavenger, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scavenger

scavenger Member

So yesterday after my DUI class I was waiting at the bus stop and packed myself a bowl to enjoy for the 30 min wait. So I'm just sitting there enjoying my pipe and listening to my music when a man in a ratty trenchcoat with his hood pulled down low and he had the " I may be on drugs or I may be crazy" eyes approached me. He asked what I was smoking and I showed him my pouch of PA, then he said "check this out, you're going to love it" from his rolling backpack he produced a heart shaped chocolate tin filled with chjerry scented tobacco. At first I didn't know what to do, then he told me to take some so I did, I packed it, lit it, and told him it was nice. He got a big smile and said he hoped I would enjoy it and went on his merry way to wherever he was going. Suprisingly the tobacco was very enjoyable and smoked smooth and cool with a nice aroma. He didn't tell me what brand or blend the toby was all he said was that it was expemsive. The whole encounter lasted about 20 seconds, I guess I was just surprised that it happened so quick and this guy was just happy to share his toby. I guess never judge a book by it's cover.

Scavenger.

P.S. Sorry if there are some gramatical errors, it happens when I post from my phome.

2. smokeandmirrors

smokeandmirrors Member

That's very random...what an awesome 20 second surprise. Looks like you got visited by the Santa Clause of tobacco.
    I hope a mysterious man one day visits me with new toby.

3. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

The encounter lasted more than twenty seconds. You wrote about it and we are reading about it now. This is a nice ripple effect and proof that pipe smokers come in all shapes and sizes and inclinations, bound together in a spirit of comaraderie. Judge not lest you be judged.

Nice story. May many more small scale adventures follow you and your pipe.

Cheers,
    and thanks for sharing,
    WK

4. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Cool story!

5. uncleburl

uncleburl Member

'twas nice wasn't it!!! :0)

6. Kingjango22

Kingjango22 Member

I always get yelled at for smoking at the bus stop, lucky you!!

7. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

You sure that it doesn't come in expensive packages by the Kilo? Did it have tight little buds in it?

8. scavenger

scavenger Member

Haha if what you are referring to is the "herb" then no it was not, I know the difference because I dabble every once in a while into the herbal remedies when my foot is acting up or I need some inspiration

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Moving on.... :whistle:

Y'see...not all 'pipe related' incidents are bad...yesterday, or so, you were mentioning how your experiences (with others) so far were negative...now you have an experience none of us would 'pooh-pooh'. Actually, your story is pretty neat. (Except for the cherry flavor. :eek:hyeah: )

10. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

I'm not sure if I'd have the brass to walk up to somebody else smoking a pipe and offer them some mystery-weed out of a heart-shaped chocolate tin.

I think that might just be on my bucket list now
    Before I die:
    1. Smoke a cuban cigar
    2. Clime a big mountain
    3. Buy some really good toby, cellar it for two years,
    place in a heart shaped tin, proceed to nearest
    large city, find a man smoking a pipe and offer
    him some while disguised as a crazy man!
    HA!

Rock on man!
    Happy smoking!
    Arty

11. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

How awesome!

Great story, you gotta love the kindness of pipe smokers!

12. scavenger

scavenger Member

Haha it was definitely a positive experience that makes me glad to be a pipe smoker, especially when people were looking wondering what the heck was going on.

Arty, my parents come from guatemala and go and visit for about 6 months out of the year and this last time they went to cuba and brought me back some cohibas. I have one left and it is all yours for the taking. I would like to help you cross that one off of your bucket list.

13. Hothog

Hothog Member

Did this toby have a strange odour and leave you grinning the whole night ?

14. mcgoven9

mcgoven9 Member

You just never know what kind of suprises your in for as a pipe smoker. Hope you have more experiences like that. I hope that the good experiences out way the bad. Unfortunitly now-a-days their is a lot of anti-smokeing.

15. ric03

ric03 Member

Great story. I've found pipe smokers (on here, in my "local" shop and the online shops) are all very helpful and friendly. I guess because smoking a pipe makes you feel so good ))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.