1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Invicta?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Baccy Bert, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Hi folks, anybody dealt with Invicta Briars before?
    Just perusing their site and some really nice craftsmanship here, very tempting prices too!
    Any experiences of their pipes?

Hope you're all well :)

Bert

2. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Yes, I've got five. They're good for the price, which is very reasonable, especially their 'Classic' range. Obviously, for £40 or less, you're getting a fasirly basic pipe, but they're well-made and smoke well. They do do some much more expensive, fancy ones, but I'm not familiar with them.

3. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Thanks for commenting Steve, had my eye on a few of the Classics, will probably go for one (or two)
    Basic but nicely made and good smokers are always my priority when shopping, plus I like to give my custom to independent makers :)

4. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Wow, those are some nice looking pipes!

Baccy Bert likes this.
  5. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I don't own one but I have heard nothing bad about them. I think you'll be very happy with their pipes based on what I've heard from other people who own them.

6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I've owned several, Peter Ellam makes a nice pipe! Great prices too!

7. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Fwiw, I'm smoking St B. in my Invicta 'Hungarian' right now. It's not as bent as the Hungarian style usually is, but, quibble about its category apart, it's a good smoker, and a handsome pipe, with some very nice bird's-eye on either side, and a pleasing reddish-brown colour, and, being one of their 'Classics', cost me £40 or even less (some are £40, some £35, and I can't remember which this was). The nice bird's-eye can't be guaranteed, but most of the other stuff presumably can!

8. Spam

Spam Member

I've got an apple and a 'krunzel', which I don't think is listed on the site. Mine had a couple of cosmetic issues (a few scratches) when they arrived, but have smoked fantastically since the day I got them. Don't think you can go too far wrong with them, especially at the price they are.

9. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Guys thanks for the comments, definitely think I'll go for one now, the half rustic Bulldog is a nicey.

Bert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.