Is PS Balkan Supreme same as Balkan Sasieni?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Ol Brokedik, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Hi guys.
    The back of the Balkan Sasieni tin says it's made in Denmark for Peter Stokebye. I'd be surprised to learn that Balkan Supreme and Balkan Saseini are the same mixture. I prefer Balkan Sasieni. Maybe it's the tin art. Let me in on what you guys know about this.
    Thanks! Be well.

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I don't favor either of those blends so I'm not expert on their characteristics BUT! I have been told (by people not that much in the know) that PS Proper English is a bulk version of Balkan Saseini. I wouldn't bet the farm on this but it may be true, o'dik.

3. frumplestiltskin

frumplestiltskin New Member

I favor both of these blends and will have to politely disagree with your source, Moo. I've got a whole bunch of PS Proper English and PS Balkan Supreme jarred up and have enjoyed a few tins of Balkan Sasieni, and while I can certainly draw comparisons between all three (and most specifically between Supreme and Sasieni), the Sasieni comes across as being slightly more luxurious and complex than the other two. Proper English lacks the Oriental might that the Balkans have. Balkan Supreme is one of my go-to smokes for a reliably delicious, olfactorily decadent smoke, but I find Balkan Sasieni to have one extra degree of complexity, spice and earthiness not found in either of the bulk products. Just my two cents!

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I respectfully defer to the man that knows what he's talking about.

5. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I've never had Balkan Sasieni but do enjoy P.S. Balkan Supreme (and really enjoy P.S. Luxury Navy Flake.) I don't have much experience with Balkans but have smoked quite a bit of C&D Pirate Kake & Balkan 081 and McClelland 5110 and P.S. Balkan Supreme is my favorite of the bunch by far.

WyoBob

6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

The two are close but not twins. The Sasenie is a bit richer and more complex than the Supreme. I have both in the cellar, and find that I like both for different reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.