Is this an English Blend???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by kaleehb, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaleehb

kaleehb Member

Just bought some Frog Morton and Frog Morton on the Town tins. Are these considered "English" blends? I was told that I need to use separate pipes for smoking English and just wanted to confirm these two blends. Thanks for the heads-up in advance.

Cheers!

2. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

They are considered English, or more an "Intro to English" because they are a bit milder.

You don't need to use a different pipe. If you smoke 10 bowls of Frog Morton in a pipe and then go to smoke a straight VA you will (most likely) pick up on some of the nuances of FM. But some people like that, others don't, it's all personal preference. Worst case scenario, you ghost a pipe with FM and you don't like it. Just smoke a good ghost buster blend or give it the salt treatment and bob's your uncle ;)

Raffxr7 and JRobert like this.
  3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I would keep the latakia blends in separate pipes from the rest of your blends. But as N3MO said, that's just a personal preference.

Professor, IrishRover and N3M0 like this.
  4. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

And I'm a bit odd, I'm a latakia fiend.

But like I mentioned, the worse thing that could happen is you ghost your pipe. It's not ruined, you just need to de-ghost it.

5. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

I have separate pipes for Lat blends and aromatics, but it's more because I don't want the aromatics ghosting and flavoring the Latakia than the other way around.

N3M0 likes this.
  6. JBWright

JBWright Member

I personally have to have a dedicated Frog pipe (having only 3 makes it tough). It isn't the latakia that I notice ghosting but the incense like smell that the Frog's seem to impart, at least to my taste.

7. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

i have dedicated one pipe over a fair period of time--it's an old Medico bulldog--not to prevent ghosting--it just seems to like 'Old Joe' so much that it positively smiles and sighs whenever i fire it up--i've had it so long it's become an old 'friend and i hate to disappoint it--

i know, i know-- i'm hopeless

HazyDat620 likes this.
  8. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Always wondering how this saying came to be. Who the hell is bob...

N3M0 likes this.
  9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I try to keep the blends separate for my pipes. It's a personal preference, although it does give me the best excuse to buy more pipes:cool:

10. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

He's not your uncle?

Well this is embarassing

Alan Dye and gentimmy like this.
  11. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

gentimmy likes this.
  12. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

I think all of the Frogs, whatever the species, are crossover blends. Too much sweetness for me and too light.

whitebriar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.