• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Italian Estate Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassSculptor

My modest haul from the NY pipe show. Two Italian estates from the folks at the Pipe and PInt. The cherrywood/poker is a Caminetto and the Brandy is a Mastro de Paja. The Brandy has a very generous sized chamber which I'm really enjoying. I fondled numerous pipes but kept coming back to these two pipes. Two pipes...Two hundred bucks :bday:

Marc

If you purchased from the Pipe and Pint, you met Lawdog (Robert) who represents Larry Christopher and the Pipe and Pint, from Greensboro, NC. That's my local tobacconist!

GlassSculptor

If you purchased from the Pipe and Pint, you met Lawdog (Robert) who represents Larry Christopher and the Pipe and Pint, from Greensboro, NC. That's my local tobacconist!

A very nice fellow. He included in a very nice soft leather pipe sock for the Brandy pipe.

GlassSculptor

+1 on that Brandy! I am loving large bowls that fit my paw bent stems and rusticated finishes. Good haul

Thanks Phil! The Brandy really does fit my hand nicely and it sure it great to be able to stuff quite a bit of tobacco in it.

The cherrywood really surprised me. It's got the most amount of bend of all my bent pipes and the least amount of gurgle (None) so far.

Falconeer

A brilliant score and I'm sure a great day out - add me to the long list of admirers of that Brandy!

Shyould be a grand smoker, I've read of one pipe maker who maintained that the brandy was the finest shape of all, as the walls of the bowl thickened as the pipe got warmer and so produced a more uniform smoke throughout.

Wish you many happy years with both pipes,

Gerry

GlassSculptor

A brilliant score and I'm sure a great day out - add me to the long list of admirers of that Brandy!

Shyould be a grand smoker, I've read of one pipe maker who maintained that the brandy was the finest shape of all, as the walls of the bowl thickened as the pipe got warmer and so produced a more uniform smoke throughout.

Wish you many happy years with both pipes,

Gerry

Thanks for the happy wish Gerry!!!

So far both pipes have been very enjoyable to smoke. The Brandy is very elegant and I agree with what you said about the wall thickness. The Cherrywood is very utilitarian and a very dry smoker and I like the fact that I can set it down whenever and just about wherever I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.