It's Official...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Club Blend > Mixture

That is all...

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

LOL

The power of the Dark Side.

Club is a superior "all seasons" tobacco, but I find it really excels around an autumn fire with some sausages cooking and a glass of Jack Daniel and/or a cup of coffee.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Yes Yes Yes.......... Club, You all will like Club better. :dribble:

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Don't worry Jeff, enough of you guys still smoke Mixture that I don't think Mac Baren will be mothballing production equipment any time soon. But worldwide demand for Club is surely climbing.

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:dribble:

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

When are you guys going to move up to "Big Boy" tobaccos? Virginias! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xd.gif

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

When they taste as good as Club.

8. Marc

Marc Active Member

Man, I haven't smoked Club Blend or Mixture in years, best I can remember, the edge went to Mixture. :bing:

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

They are similar for sure. The Virginias are really sweet and just a little citrusy - brown flake kinda thing. The Cavendish component gives both a little bit of balls, and the various top notes (honey I guess on Mixture and .... maybe just sugar on club? Smells like marshmallow) offer a nice hint of flavor that "pure tobaccos" don't.

It's a bastardized product, heavily processed, I guess would be the best way to describe both. But the results, a sort of not-quite-aromatic tobacco are pretty unique in the tobacco world.

I tend to think like you do Marc - if I want a pure virginia or a pure tobacco mixture, I'll look at McClelland first - I can't get enough Jubilee for instance. But I have a real soft spot for these Danes.

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

I smoked Mac Baren blends for years, they were my go to tobaccos, and I blame Virginia #1 for my Virginia obsession which led me to becoming a Virginia smoker and now a fan of McClelland Virginias! :bing:

11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

IF you go back to Va #1 from McC virginias, you'll puke!

12. Marc

Marc Active Member

I most probably would not enjoy it today but I did try some of their HH Mature Virginia awhile back and it was okay, it seems all their blends share a similar base tobacco taste, if that makes any sense.

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yeah man , club rocks ! I like most all MB blends but I don't care for virg # 1 at all ... go figure. Anyway ... virg # 1 < mixture < club blend < golden extra

14. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I think when they make Club Blend they sweep up all the scraps off the floor at the end of the shift roll 'em all together and throw them in a bucket in the corner until they have enough to sell. That's my theory. Hahahaha! But it sure is good. No telling how many different tobaccos are in those little nuggets-o-yumminess, plus no telling what all it is topped with. It just ends up being a fun smoke. It evolves and changes as you go and I like that.

I like all sorts of tobacco. I enjoy good Virginias, English/Balkans and VaPers. I really, appreciate good ones as the flavors are natural and come from the hands of masters at curing, aging and blending. At the same time I can also appreciate aromatics, flavored or topped tobaccos and Heinz 57 blends with lots of stuff going on in them. It is all good.

15. Marc

Marc Active Member

You're a pipe smoker without borders! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xd.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.