Its Times Like This I Wish Swearing Were Permitted Here

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by nesta, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just finally checked my email for the first time since getting home from work.

The SG Navy Flake that appeared to be in stock when I ordered it (and for a little while AFTER as well) was in fact out of stock. I got an email earlier stating that I could either change my selection or else have them cancel that item and refund my money.

I asked that they send me Squadron Leader instead if it's still in stock (it's showing up as such, but by the time they get my email who knows), and if that were a problem to cancel my order for the Navy Flake AND the PS Cube Cut to be replaced by a tin of Rattray's Marlin Flake.

frikkinfrakkin now I just know it probably won't even ship until Monday and I'll have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday or something to get it. grumble grumble

2. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

We all share your pain of the back orders, no cussing needed!

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

That's why I wouldn't believe that I had some coming until it actually showed up. If it eases your pain, I was thinking of dropping a couple of flakes of that and a few other odds and ends in the mail on Monday. Consider it your finder's fee.

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Man that is a bummer!! I saw that Mars Shows the SG NF in stock? May be worth a look, Beale.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Herb, I appreciate that but it's really not necessary. Course I suppose I can't stop you from following your heart haha

Beale, thanks for the tip but fact is the money's spent one way or another...and then some. I'll just make do. Besides if I really want it, a local B&M has a decent little supply of some SG stuff (mostly bulk) which is quite expensive but there if I want it. Just no SL or NF. Bracken Flake, Balkan Flake, Kendal Cream, I want to say Westmoreland....it's all good.

Anyway, I'm more frustrated over shipping time than anything else to be honest. I was all excited to get my order on my day off! :puffy:

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Two rules that play in here where TAD is concerned:

1. Call the merchant direct to verify your order or even better yet call to place your order. I got into this many times last year and I , like you, was somewhat heartbroke as well.

2. It NEVER (actually, SELDOM is more accurate) works out as you planned. This hold true for many situations. "Man plans.........GOD laughs! ;)

Ed
    Puff

Most merchants don't have realtime inventory status. I believe Mars and SP does. The others that claim they do sort of lag in the realtime efforts. Call 'em. Get a name and verify your order. You'll bat a better avg. Guaranteed! :)

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's okay, I'd actually love to try the Marlin Flake anyhow, and if I DO get a tin of SL instead of the NF I'll be happy enough to open up the one I have even though I've got a ton of stuff open anyway haha. Might need to rehumidify my other cigar humidor for storing tins....my big humidor is mostly full of pipe tobacco and only like four or five cigars anymore, and theres still a ton of open tins that won't fit :(

Of course, I've had great luck with open tins not going bad, but with as many as I have open...heck, I could not buy tobacco for a year or more and I'm sure between samples, bulk, and tins I'd still be able to smoke for a year or two...

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't receive any more emails, but my card was charged yesterday for the original amount, so I assume it is to be sent out with SL as a replacement for the NF rather than getting the Marlin Flake.

IDK...whatever happens if I don't get a shipping notification tomorrow I'll call them on Tuesday. Either way I think I'll open up the SL and give it a whirl :puffy:

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Indeed today I recieved an email stating I'll be getting Squadron Leader in place of the Navy Flake. Hopefully this will work out. It is supposed to ship out today finally (grumble) so I hope that's how it works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.