John Patton's Quadruple VA

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by hoss, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoss

hoss Member

Think Cool Hand Fluke, minus the perique. Being a Va/Per fan, i enjoy Cool Hand Fluke. I love me a good VA too and after the conversation about Cool Hand Fluke's perique content, i simply HAD to give this one a shot.

Today i put up my first bowl in a Hans Christian Anderson carved Stanwell churchwarden and it was fantastic. Very nice med-full, rich VA flavor. I'll be experimenting with this blend for a while in some other VA pipes and if it is consistently this good, it's something to add to the bulk list.

Not to further aggravate anyone's TAD, if you like straight VAs in the med-full flavored variety you might want to give this one a shot. :velho:

2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I was intrigued by the thread on Cool Hand Fluke, but the 40% perique was a bit off putting to me. I like perique in very small doses, but too much overwhelms the other flavors in the blend and gives me hiccups and heartburn (weird right). I was looking for a good natural bulk VA so I'm definitely going to try this stuff.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Try C&D Opening Night for and very good Va. Kinda between SG FVF and SG MFV(Golden Glow). As for CHF.....bring it on....40% Perique, gonna have to try this one.

4. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I couldn't find it at any of the major etailers in bulk.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I've smoked my way through a pound of this so far this year and it's a big favourite of mine as an all day smoke. For me it does well in a briar a meer and a cob - I find it a great all rounder,

Best to all

Gerry

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Don't let the advertised 40% Perique scare you in Cool Hand Fluke. It comes across very well behaved and not intense as you'd think 40% would. It's a very well balanced blend and Mega Kudos to JLP for coming up with this blend. Very well behaved Va-Per IMO.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

9. Introibo

Introibo Member

Quad Va is a great blend, but I would suggest you go for Desert Pirate -- I found it even better, and there is something in there with the Va that makes it fantastic. Anything by JP is always great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.